AI Possible with condom & syringe?

Tangledsecret

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am new to this site. I will be 30 this year and baby fever has taken over my brain so I ended up here. Unfortunately due to a medical condition, my boyfriend and I have to use condoms, so when we do want to get pregnant, we will have to use the artificial insemination method. He isn't too keen on the idea of using a cup, so I was wondering has anyone ever used a condom, DTD, and retrieved the sample from the condom to inseminate with a syringe and have a viable, full-term pregnancy? Curious if there is success in this vs using a sterile cup and syringe.
Also, tips on how to make baby fever go away are much appreciated!

Not sure about baby fever as I’m currently in the throes if it 😂 as for the condom, you’d have to make sure that it doesn’t have any spermicide in it... (I swear that’s a thing with some brands? Can’t remember, it’s been a while!) otherwise I don’t see why not. Lots of us do home insemination (granted from a cup) and have successes so I don’t see why this wouldn’t work?

Not going to lie, this sounds super sketchy to me.

Not sure about baby fever as I’m currently in the throes if it 😂 as for the condom, you’d have to make sure that it doesn’t have any spermicide in it... (I swear that’s a thing with some brands? Can’t remember, it’s been a while!) otherwise I don’t see why not. Lots of us do home insemination (granted from a cup) and have successes so I don’t see why this wouldn’t work?

I don't see why it wouldn't work either (I have a lot of allergies so no spermicide condoms for me) but I haven't seen as many people use the condom method and was curious as to why that may be. Is it less effective? Will our chances increase using a cup vs condom? All these things I wonder about because we love having sex so it makes more sense for us to do it that way.

Sketchy? What a weird thing to post! Lots of ladies have trouble conceiving because of problems finishing, I’ve seen women have to AI because their men can’t finish inside them, women like myself and others who are going it alone and using a donor and lesbians getting home deliveries... it’s not so uncommon and certainly not sketchy! 🤷🏻*♀️

Anyway, I’m pretty sure if you just syringed the goods straight out of the condom and then inseminated them you’d be ok. I’d be inclined to track ovulation and then try to insem a few days around your fertile period.

Sketchy? What a weird thing to post! Lots of ladies have trouble conceiving because of problems finishing, I’ve seen women have to AI because their men can’t finish inside them, women like myself and others who are going it alone and using a donor and lesbians getting home deliveries... it’s not so uncommon and certainly not sketchy! 🤷🏻*♀️

Anyway, I’m pretty sure if you just syringed the goods straight out of the condom and then inseminated them you’d be ok. I’d be inclined to track ovulation and then try to insem a few days around your fertile period.

I think the implication may be that OP is attempting to get herself pregnant without her partners consent.

I can’t think of a condition which would necessitate the use of condoms but allow semen to be entered manually.

I think the implication may be that OP is attempting to get herself pregnant without her partners consent.

I can’t think of a condition which would necessitate the use of condoms but allow semen to be entered manually.

Not that it's any of your business but I have a condition that could be transferred to him if we ever have sex without a condom and that is just not a risk we are willing to take. There are a ton of other conditions out there that require condoms be used for many reasons, which I found out by just reading these threads, but thanks for assuming I am just up to something shady!
My partner and I are trying to time when we have our baby, so yes, he will know when we do decide to because he will be the one doing the insemination on me.

Not that it's any of your business but I have a condition that could be transferred to him if we ever have sex without a condom and that is just not a risk we are willing to take. There are a ton of other conditions out there that require condoms be used for many reasons, which I found out by just reading these threads, but thanks for assuming I am just up to something shady!
My partner and I are trying to time when we have our baby, so yes, he will know when we do decide to because he will be the one doing the insemination on me.

I didn’t say that you were. I said that I believed that was the implication.

I’ve been in here for many years and we have had many women posting similar threads and looking to get pregnant without the knowledge of their partners.

Surely you will be able to get ivf on the NHS if you have a health condition necessitating artificial insemination?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->