airport security during 2ww???

serenas_song

Reaction score
Hubby and I will be traveling (a cruise) during our 2ww, our first since our Nov m/c. I was just wondering about airport security- metal detectors and these new-fangled body scanners, and if there is any risk to the possible teeny tiny little one inside :)

anything else I should watch out for on 2ww cruise? obviously no alcohol and VERY limited hot tub time (if any)

thanks!

please read here https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-walk-through-airport-screening-machines-while_2616.bc

I flew early in my first trimester and was told it was safe to go through the detectors (I even got chosen for secondary screening at one airport :wacko: and told the woman that I was pregnant etc. just to make sure it was safe to do.....

Working in healthcare I can tell you that I personally wouldn't have a problem walking through the metal detector machine, however, I would not have a body scan. Even though the artical linked above claims it is low radiation that is dependant on the person setting the machine. If the machine is not set properly than it is very likely the dose of radiation is higher. That being said if I was not TTC the dose is still relatively low. I wouldn't chance it. I did this over the holidays and opted for the pat down and wand scan to be safe. Happy and safe travels :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->