Alas I am posting here :(

1st_baby

Well we just had our sweet lil boy 4 months ago ! we love him to death ..hes our lil miracle ..u see I was not supossed to be able to have kids due to some stupid contraceptive ..

we tried for 2 years with no luck ..then one night i realized i was very late on my monthly gift almost 2 weeks and i decided to take a few tests and they came out BFP so i was soooo happy but sooo scared at the same time ..

long story short max came along via c-section and all is wonderful ..but now DH is avoiding the whole TTC thing , he wanted a lil girl so bad and well he got a boy not that he dosent love him but still .. so i told him next one is a girl and he said " we are not having anymore" :( i was shocked im only 24 dammit

He said his reasons are that hes too scared not to be able to provide for 2 kids and not love them equally ?? is that normal ?

plus hes afraid it will be another boy lol but i told him he controls that part not me ..anyway im here now and will most likely be for a good year or so

how do i get him to come around the idea of mabey another baby

Welcome to WTT! :hugs:

Congrats on your LO, he's absolutely gorgeous. :D

I think your DH just needs some time to adjust? Your LO is only 4 months old and I'm sure in time he'll come round! :)

In the meantime, you've got us!

Hope you have a short stay in WTT and hopefully your DH will want to start TTC again!
xx

yeah hopefully it aint too long lol but i do need to let myself heal too ..

the problem is DH wants to have a visectomy :( i dont think thats reversable is it ?

Yeah, they are reversible, but not all are successful.. He should have a long think about if that's what he really wants to do.
xx

yeah will get him to read up on it for sure..but come to think about i dont think the doctors will even allow it at his age (26) unless he has a medical reason

I'm not sure where they'll stand on it really but as Ella said he needs to be 100% sure as reversals are not always effective xx

I don't know what its like over there, but here in the UK I'm fairly certain @ his age, they won't do it.

Vasectomies are quite irreversible. If they can be reversed, it's really painstaking and not really guaranteed. That's something to thing long and hard about!

Congrats on your LO. He's beautiful! DH will probably come around - just give him some time. He may just be a little overwhelmed right now. I think it's normal for a guy to worry about how he's going to care for his family (for instance I really want 3 kids but DH says that we'll probably only be able to afford 2, so 2 we're going to have unless something dramatic changes) and I think it's really responsible too. Alot of people here in the US have 4+ kids and just live off the government. Just give him time, you never know what a year or two can bring!

Good Luck!

yeah hopefully it aint too long lol but i do need to let myself heal too ..

the problem is DH wants to have a visectomy :( i dont think thats reversable is it ?

They are reversible but not guaranteed. I don't have statistics on vasectomy's but I don't think too many men have been able to have children after a reversal (I could be wrong though) He needs to REALLY think about this! How old is he? If he's your age, you may very well change his mind in a few years and then it just may very well be too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->