Alcohol and pregnancy

Sam_Star

Mummy to a Battle Maiden
Reaction score
Hi girls just wondering what everyone thinks of alcohol during pregnancy??
I personally dont touch a drop but a "friend" of mine drinks like a fish and she is 26 weeks pregnant!!
The other day she posted on facebook "Jane Smith is getting pissed tonight on 2 bottles of wine after the stress ive had" to which a few people commented "think of your baby you have a responsibilty now"
Then tonight she posted "Jane Smith is getting pissed on some lagers yum yum"
I'm not trying to put her down or anything but it really wound me up the "stress" that she was talking about was her 3 kids being home from school for easter after everything thats gone on in my pregnancy i have not once thought about having a drink!!!!
Am i wrong for feeling so angry at her???

My boyfriends mom was 7 months pregnant and in rehab when she was pregnant with his brothers.....:/ I dont agree with it and I havent touched it, but...to each his own.

The odd glass of wine is one thing but 2 bottles!?!?! I personally haven't touched a drop since we started TTC :)

Personally I think it's wrong.

I know you're allowed a few glasses, but I wouldn't even risk that.

I couldn't. Knowing there's a baby inside, taking it in.

:(

I thought that maybe i was just being touchy because of the problems im having but i honestly want to slap her and im not a violent person and normally would think its her life leave her to it!!!

I couldnt and wouldnt drink while pregnant.

I don't think its "to each their own" That is child abuse, getting tanked while pregnant. I have 3 FAS foster siblings and their brains are destroyed for life because of selfish idiots like that.

i havent touched a drop since getting pregnant and i wont for the rest of my pregnancy! i dont NEED to drink alcohol so dont see why i should.

I dont agree with it and I would never do it, ever. But I choose to stay out of other people lives when it comes to issues like that :/ I have been screamed at many times for saying what I thinkj :o soooooo I just say oook and let it be.

I don't think its "to each their own" That is child abuse, getting tanked while pregnant. I have 3 FAS foster siblings and their brains are destroyed for life because of selfish idiots like that.

This is exactly were i stand on this one i feel sick when i think about it! I mean a glass of wine while your celebrating somethig is fair enough but she is just taking it too far and her arguement is that she drank more on her other kids and they are fine which makes my blood boil i dont drink AT ALL and my baby has a condition that will see her fighting for her life and its really getting to me that thoughtless selfish people are blessed with beautiful children while ive fought to get my family - sorry about the rant please dont judge me :cry:

Well, I have not had a drink, but I know there are many who like to have a glass of wine on occasion. I like to think that generally most mothers know better than to go overboard, but as we know, that is not always true. I really don't have a problem with a glass here or there, every once in awhile, for someone who just wants to not feel deprived(as in, maybe 3 glasses during the entire pregnancy) but I just wouldn't risk it. I did take a sip of DHs margarita the other night and it sent me into immediate bout with indigestion, so I probably couldn't drink if I wanted to.
I think those people out there behaving as if they are not pregnant are probably in denial and hope for their babies that they end up ok.

I agree, this is wrong and I could not imagine thinking it was ok to endanger my baby's life this way.

I think if you cant take 9 months off from drinking first of all you have a problem second of all your ignorant to the needs of your baby and arent thinking of the harm you can do. I have a cousin who was born with fetal alcohal syndrom and she is not at the level she should be in life mentally or physically why would anyone knowingly do that to there baby.

i think it is wrong and personally never touch a drop while pregnant .

Ive know a woman that drank the entire time she was pregnant, right up until she gave birth. I could not, and will not, do that. Youre little bean has no say in it and only deserves the best treatment ... I just cant wrap my mind around why a mother would want to endanger her child.

People like that should not be allowed to conceive children.

I have 4 kids with Autism, my first daughter with whom I didn't smoke or drink and my boys, whom I drank and smoked with. I also have another daughter who is perfectly fine, I didn't smoke or drink with her either. Genetic counselors believe there is a genetic component, but I can't help but feel my bad choices contributed to it. That guilt I have to live with for the rest of my life. I stopped drinking by 6 mths but by then the damage has already been done. I worked in a club so it was accessible until I got fired. I have been clean for 3 years, I found out all my boys had autism in the past year. I think when you have a drinking problem that you don't always think about what is inside you. I wished I had never drank at all. You can not change the damage that is done and your child has to suffer in the long run. She needs an intervention and fast!!

i didnt know i was pregnant until 6weeks. this 1st 6weeks covered xmas, new yr, mine and OH birthdays all of which were very boozy dos. i felt abit bad when i found it but its happened. i have had the odd glass of wine etc since finding out but not had masses like i would b4 pregnant - me and neighbour wouldnt think twice about 3-4bottles of wine on a fri or sat eve etc.

each to their own but i dont think getting totally drunk is very responsible when pregnant.

Well I've had the odd drink with this pregnancy and last pregnancy I would drink low alcohol lager, but I think it is irresponsible to get drunk. Are you sure that she's not saying it to wind everybody up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->