alergic to electric toothbrush!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by miss maternal, Apr 25, 2007.

1. miss maternal

miss maternal Well-Known Member

I know this sounds weide and you may think im a total nutter but whenever I brush my teeth I wanna gag! :toothpick: I think its the metal in my electric toothbrush that makes me sick cos my midwife says that anything metal can do it. will have to start eating with plastic knives and forks or fingers.:rofl:

Who else gets this?

2. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

i knew someone else with this problem. I used to ometimes but i think it was the toothpaste, 'cos mint used to mke me feel:sick:

3. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

lol nvr heard of this!! but i cant use an electric toothbrush anyway as it makes my nose tickle lol!!!

4. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

All tis talk of teeth reminds me i gotta go Dentist 2 morrow, gotta have 2 teth refilled:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I hate it i'm a nervous wreck. At least its free at the mo, DH has to have 1 done and its £40

5. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

ever since bein PG with Adele ive never been able to brush mine withought gagging :blush: i still do it now, not sure why though but when i was PG it really made me sick and i think everytime i do it now it reminds me of it withought thinking about it and i gag so it takes me about 45 mins to brush my teeth :rofl:

6. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

I gagged when brushing my teeth all the time, it seems a noraml sorta thing to happen for some bizare reason!!

7. miss maternal

miss maternal Well-Known Member

Oh, so it must be the brushing then and not the toothbrush. glad im not the only one with this problem.

Good luck at the dentist today caroline. i will have to ring mine as im on denplan but theres no point if i get it free now.

8. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

Thank u. All ok. She was nice and gentle. I'm making sure i go every 6 months religiously at the mo seeing as its free:rofl:

9. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

I too gagged when cleaning my teeth AND boy did my gums bleed!! :wacko:

10. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

DH gags when he does his teeth, but I'm pretty sure he's not PG :blush: