**Alexander David, 23rd April 2009**

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
So heres the results of a 3 year long TTC journey! :D

Wednesday 22nd April, my waters break at 6.30am all over my bed :lol: luckily i had a matress protector on and was sleeping with my V pillow between my legs which took most of the water. Woke Rob up and first thing he says was "you sure you havent peed yourself" :dohh:

Phoned the labour ward who sent a midwife out at 9am, she checked me over and confirmed waters had broke and i was only at 1-2cm dilated. Since i wasnt 3cms or more i wasnt in active labour so the MW left us to it.
Once she went we went out to Asda :rofl:
Started getting irregular contractions and these lasted all day, lots of starting and stopping but nothing regular.

MW came out again at 2.30am on Thursday and checked me over again, still no progress and at 1-2cm dilated, suggested it was best that we got some sleep and went into hosp for 8am as by then waters would had been gone for 24 hours, i didnt have any probs with that, though id asked for a homebirth being my first baby i kept an open mind.

We get into hosp for 8am and sent up to the birth suite, got put into a room for checks etc first, by this time contractions were starting to have some pattern and were getting painful. Id had my TENs machine on since we got up earlier to build it up.

On getting checked over i was still only at 1-2cm dilated, no progress at all and i was starting to be in alot of pain, i was even asking for an epidural which id always said i didnt want.
MW said it would be best to go upto the labour ward and get a drip to speed things up, to get antibiotics into me and i would be able to get my epidural up there aswell.
We had to wait for bed to become avaliable as it was soo busy.

A few hours later at 10.50ish a bed was free so we made our way up, it took a long time to get there as i was getting very regular contractions, sometimes 2-3 one after the other.
Finally get to our room and MW starts getting the monitors setup (which she was having trouble with as the comp wasnt working right!).
I was still getting lots of contractions almost one after the other but denied any pain relief untill she had checked to see if i was past 3cms dialted. Before she could do that she needed to get me onto the monitors.

At 11.30ish another MW comes in to fit a cannula in for my antibiotics, more pain ontop of the contractions!
It was on for 5 mins (was meant to be on for 2 hours before birth) and i suddenly started getting lots of pressure, Rob says i shouted at the MW :lol: so she went to check and baby was making his way out!
5 mins of pushing and he arrived at 11.50am!

Somehow id went from 1-2cms to 10cms within those few hours but no idea when active labour started, mw put on the paperwork 1hr and 15 mins active labour.

I got a slight graze but no tearing, so no stitches :happydance:

Alexander David, born Thursday 23rd April at 11.50am weight 6lbs 11ozs

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/karoline1246/Alexander%20David/23042009404.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/karoline1246/Alexander%20David/23042009405.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/karoline1246/Alexander%20David/alexanderdavidanderson001.jpg

congratulations!! Its a shame you didnt get your home birth but Im glad your both safe and well. x

i know its been a long and hard journey for you, but again congratulations! sat with tears in eye am so happy for you both!!

he is sooo gorgeous! cant wait to give you a big hug an hold that gorgeous son of yours!

Welcome to the world Alexander David! Huge Congratulations Mummy and Daddy! and well done! xxx

what a day to be born... if only he was born in england :rofl:

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:D that my nephooooooooooooooo

ps did i say AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

well done mummy n daddy well worth the wait.

Aww congratulatins hunni, he's beautiful and lovely name choice, I'm guessin he was well worth the wait x x

he's an utter beauty! so happy for you both! and such a beautiful name :D

Congratulations to the both of you!! And well done, hes gorgeous!! x

oh ...i am so in love:blush:he is so perfect!!!

AG you did a beautiful job !!! What a journey guys for you :hugs:

congratulations to you and rob honey, i am so so pleased for you both :cry:

enjoy him, he's gorgeous :hugs:

he's gorgeous!! Congratulations :hug:

And he was born 9 months to the day from Hannah's birthdate :blush:

he is gorgeous hun, congratulations, sorry u didnt get the home birth u wanted

Lou
xxx

awwwwww hes just gorgeous !! congrats ........ :dance:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby son
He is absolutley gorgeous hun
x