Alex's Funeral ....

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by hayley x, Apr 22, 2009.

1. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

Hi, thought I'd come on and tell you all about Alex's special day. :)

Me and Alex's daddy went and sat with Alex from about 11.30 am. It was so hard knowing it was going to be our last ever cuddle :( The vicar came to the chapel of rest and gave Alex a blessing (the words were beautiful and made me cry). Once the vicar had left we took one of the two bangles we'd put on Alex the day before so we had one to keep and we tucked him up all nice and snugly, with all his letters and photos at his feet and cuddling his teddy. I hated leaving him knowing I would never 'see' or 'cuddle' him ever again :(

We left at gone half 1 and his church service started at 2 so we raced home to wait for Alex to come to home for the last time. When he came we looked at all his flowers, we'd chosen to have 'son' 'Alex' a teddy bear, gates of heaven and some flowers to go on his casket. We followed Alex to Church and his daddy carried him in. Im so proud of him, he was crying and shaking but he still did our son proud by carrying him in and out. 2 of the nurses who looked after Alex when he was in hospital were there :) We played 'precious child' when Alex was taken in and out.

So many people turned up to Alex's funeral, people I barely recognised were crying...for my son. A poor lady was walking past with 2 little children when we came out of church and I could tell she didnt know what to do so I looked at her and smiled to try and make her feel ok.

Richard helped the funeral people lower Alex into his resting place, I was sooo so proud of him, he definately did our little monkey proud. Me and Richard had roses made up with the words 'love you always son, mummy' and the same ending with daddy printed on the white petal, we counted to 3 and threw them in, trust mine to fall down the side but his daddy to land perfectly on top, lol.

We said our goodbyes and left the cemmetary.

Later in the evening, all the family headed back up the cemmetary with 12 balloons. We let off 12 balloons, one for each day he was with us. It was perfect. Half the balloons got caught in the tree, but we didnt leave until they had all drifted off in the sky :) I dont know if this is the wrong word but it really was the 'perfect' send off for our cheeky little monkey!!

Thank you for reading, if u managed to get this far hehe

xxxxx

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

:hugs:

Sounds like he had a wonderful send off hun

3. Michy

Michy Mum and Preggo

You are amazingly strong, your special boy must be so proud of you both.:hug:

4. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Oh sweetheart - thank you for being so brave to come on here and share that with us. Sounds like you gave the little soul the most wonderful celebration of his life, and he will always be with you Im sure xxx

5. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

:hugs: sounds like you did him proud x

6. Nikkinoonoo

Nikkinoonoo Mummy to a gorgeous girl

Sounds perfect hun. Beautiful :hugs:

7. babystar

babystar Guest

:hugs: beautiful. You have done him proud xxxxx

8. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

You're so brave, and so is your OH

Big :hugs:

xxx

9. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

it sounds like a lovely send off..
    you two are so unbelievably strong :hugs:
    sleep tight little man..x

10. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

You are so brave hun....Alex is very proud of his mummy and daddy. The balloons was such a lovely idea...Thanks for sharing with us.:hug::hug:

11. Tracey2008

Tracey2008 Well-Known Member

Oh bless you both it sounds like you did Alex proud. Big hugs to you both xx

12. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

:hugs: you're both so brave, alex will be very proud of his mummy and daddy :hugs: x x

13. Csunshine013

Csunshine013 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing. Sounds lika a beautiful service.
    :hugs:

14. daniandbaby

daniandbaby Pregnant-expecting

Thats so sweeet, brang a tear to my eye xxxxxxxx

15. bigbelly2

bigbelly2 mommy of 2!

thankyou for coming on and sharing your day with us, your little one would have been so full of pride to have such brave special people as parents,...

god bless and may the angels watch over you all always

h x

16. Hello baby

Hello baby Proud new Mommie to Aamir

You are truly a bright light, it takes great courage to go through what you have been through and to share with everyone is... it leaves me at a lost for words. Your family will be in my prayers.. :hugs:

17. UKMummy

UKMummy Well-Known Member

What a perfect send off for your lovely boy. It must have been a very hard day for you both. I thought of you on Tuesday.

The period after the funeral can be very very difficult. Look after each other, support one another and give yourselves plenty of time to go through all the emotions.

We are all here for you.

18. Shelby2007

Shelby2007 Khyler Rae born 1/26/10

You are so strong.. we are here for you honey..

RIP baby alex

19. elijahsmummy

elijahsmummy Mummy to Elijah & Preg!

You are both so strong and brave it must have been very hard. All my love and thoughts are with you.
    RIP little one xxx

20. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Bless you xx