All Aboard the Constipation Train...Woowoooo

ChickenMommy

Mother of 2
Reaction score
:loo:

Ive NEVER been constipated while pregnant. This. is. miserable. Seriously. I cant take it anymore. I end up "needing" to use the bathroom once every 3-4 days maybe. So unhealthy. And then when I do, good god its an hour long event. By the end of it, Im tired quite frankly. I think Id rather be in labor. Has the Constipation Train stopped and picked up any of yall too? How the heck do you solve it?! Admittedly, I havent been drinking as much water as I should be. Simply because when Im feeling nauseous water makes me gag. But this is unreal.

:hugs: it's horrible isn't it? With me I haven't exactly had days when I haven't been able to go, but days where it's been an effort to go and you still feel like there's plenty more in there. I've been upping my fruit, having bran flakes for breakfast and when I've felt really bunged up, drunk some fybogel (a supplement containing lots of fibre that helps move things along)

Oh yes it's started, first few days after my bfp I thought I was on to a winner, I switched to decaf but if I still had my one cup of caffeine coffee when I woke up then it was sending me to the bathroom and I thought great! Then that suddenly stopped working, don't think I have been since about Wednesday but this is nothing for me I'm scared of it ending up as it did with my other boys, with my second I would only be able to go one every two weeks!!!! I'm not exaggerating it was awful and I would bleed quit badly when I did finally go. Going to be buying some fibogel today hopefully xx

I've been the same for a few weeks, I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I look like I'm 6 months pregnant I'm so bloated. I can go a bit but it's jut like droppings.. TMI!! Any tips on how to make it better. I've been eating weetabix, I can't seem to drink much water as it makes me gag and I've gone off tea. I don't drink coffee. X

In the past I've made a root veg mash and eaten a bowlful of that, THAT moved mountains! Hehe! Lots of fruit and veg, and fibrous cereals, like your weetabix, bran flakes, shreddies. Lots of fluids, fruit juice.. prunes, if you like them..

I've been constipated my entire pregnancy so far. I started doing Metamucil every morning at week 14 and it's sort of helped. Eating bran cereal in the mornings also seemed to get things moving. I start getting freaked out if it's been 2 days since my last bowel movement.

I hate going even one day without a good movement, going two or more days without would just make me so miserable.
On the other hand, I'm careful not to force the issue too, don't want haemorrhoids either!

I'm on this train too, and I'm only at 3w 5d.. I always have this problem during PMS but once I get AF, it goes away. I have been told PMS constipation is due to progesterone levels rising. Well this time I am blessed because AF didn't show up and I got my BFP, but I wonder if I will be constipated for 9 months because progesterone is higher during pregnancy!?
I am taking magnesium supplements and they used to help until a week ago. Now that they stopped working, I'm worried... I drink a lot of water and I eat a lot of fibre. It's not helping...

We have movement!!! Yaaaay! Haha TMI sorry lol. But I hadn't been since Wednesday and was feeling awful. Wonder if the fybogel I drank yesterday helped. Will be keeping up with it x

Yay! Fybogel is good stuff - I usually only have to have one sachet and I'm good to go within an hour or two.
This morning when I went, things were quite painful and I bleed a little afterwards when I wiped, so keeping up with the fluids and fibre is a must!

So weird how things change all the time when youre pregnant. I was so constipated, now Im having the opposite problem. Which, I'll take any day over NOT being able to go. :shrug:

Hopefully it's seeming like if I keep up with the fibre gel twice a day after morning meal and evening meal and have a real coffee in the morning then I'm hoping its gunna keep me being able to go on a morning!! X

I just joined the train and it is the worst ride to be on ...

I also have cut back on drinking water as it makes me gag as well but since today I upped my fruits in take ... hope it gets better soon

I'm joining as well.. Sadly.

7 weeks and 3 days here.

does it come with the 7 weeks stage LOL feels like it ...

I'm dreading this. It caused piles during first pregnancy. I was crying at one point from the pain. That's a lot more stuck in my mind than labour! I must do my best to avoid it this time........water, juice and fibre here we go!!

Ladies I don't know if you are off coffee all together but I can't tell you what a difference that one morning cup a day is making for me!

I'm hopping on your train! Good grief, what a train to be on.
I heard coffee helps but so sick I still can barely drink even water. Yes, the dehydration makes it much worse. Can't eat prunes or wheat cereal yet. Dr. said apricots, but can't keep those down. So I resorted to Colace every night and ducoulax couple times a week, until I can start eating fiber.
I'm on Zofran so it makes the issue a lot worse.

Might start magnesium supplements too.

As I keep telling myself thru first tri, 'this too shall pass'! :)

Oh I hear you!!! This pregnancy my constipation has been really bad. I just started eating 3-4 prunes a day and it's making a huge difference. I am pretty much going regular again. Also, taking a daily probiotic can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->