All day nausea getting me down

schnoogles

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 9 weeks and 5 days and the sickness is now really getting to me. I never had it with my first, so this has come as a real shock. I have felt sick for 5 weeks, I haven't been sick, just constantly feel like I am on the verge of throwing up. I feel sick of I don't eat, sick if I do. Sick if I smell anything nasty, sick if I smell something nice to eat but can't eat it. I feel sick at the sight of certain foods, even the thought of some foods.

It's like living with a bad hang over that I just can't shake off. I fear not being close to a toilet. I have tried sucking sweets and ginger. Just the thought of crackers makes me heave.

How are you all coping with the sickness?

Please god tell me it will stop soon!!!!!

Ug, that's where I've been since week 5. I use doxylamine/b6, sea bands acupuncture and try to keep up on protein since that seems to help a little bit. Cold liquids also seem to help. It makes it just barely tolerable to make it through my day and my days off I spend a lot of time in bed. I still have 24/7 nausea and daily dry heaving and vomiting. It's way worse than any pain I have every had- even the d&c I had last year with only local anesthetic.

I am also praying it will stop soon.

If you can manage to drink water do it. It is helping me with the acid in my stomach. Also just figured out that munching on raw peeled carrots helps me. I am almost 12 weeks pregnant and have been feeling like you from week 6 or so onwards lol... It does get better though but i know how you feel! You just have to keep trying different foods until you find SOMETHING that you like and that makes you feel satisfied and not sick after a few hours of eating it. Milk which i normally don't drink or hot cocoa with real milk has helped me. Every single tea i have tried has made me sick so far, hence i try to stick with water.

Oh bless, everyone is soo different with what works and what doesn't.

But, I had it real bad between 6-8 weeks, in which I barely moved off the bed/sofa, and then each week has gotten slightly better, and now at about 12 weeks I am feeling OK. (still have nausea, need to eat all the time, and house is really neglected, but better!).

The only thing that works for me, is to eat, like ALL the time. Every other hour.
Even when I feel rubbish after eating, I keep doing it.
So, small meals very frequently. For example I will have one weetabix, then an hour later have a another one. Then maybe a couple of hours then have a small sandwhich with whatever I could manage.

And up until about week 9 ish, I could hardly hack fluids, it got really bad. But I discovered that i could drink milk, and cordials.
I regularly drink milk now when I feel sick as that helps to alleviate the horrid feelings.

Just one step at a time. It is horrible, but you will get there, even though it feels like torture!

Yup i basically also eat ALL THE TIME. One time i had no food i felt like eating (constant struggle!) around so opted for hot chocolate from the vending machine. That helped but i too have to have some type of snack with me all the time. Chewing gum helps too sometimes.

I came on here because I'm so frustrated and I want to help my wife so much - but I'm out of my league here. She has been nauseous and she's been vomitting pretty regularly for 3 days now. We have an appointment with our doctor on Thursday. I'm hoping we'll get some answers. But, I've done a lot of poking around online and it seems like the consensus is that some Moms get sicker than others, some Moms have it longer than others, but there isn't much you can really do.
I was hoping someone might have thoughts?

And yes, I hold her hair and rub her back while she's getting sick. ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"