• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

All Free and Clear VS. Dreft?

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
My mom told me I could use the detergent All free and clear opposed to Dreft, Price wise All is inexpensive, and I wanted to go on and wash all her little clothes because I'm convienced she's coming out this month and not september... (WISHFUL THINKING I KNOW):haha:

What laundry detregent are you using?

Has anyone planned on using or has used ALL?

I'm sticking with Dreft, just cause that is what family has always used, and know is safe and works. But I'm also not an All fan much at all anyway so probably wouldn't use it even if was safe.

I actually posted something similar to this in baby club. I used dreft for my first two kids for clothes and all their accessories and my clothes for the first year (18 months with my first). I went to the store to pick up some Dreft and forgot how much pricier it is. I assume that any detergent that is free of perfumes and dyes like All free would work just as good as Dreft. I did used a purex detergent that was free of dyes and perfumes when my daughter was about a year old for a short time when money was tight and had no problems with it. I am going to skip buying Dreft and buy Tide Free and Gentle this time around. My kids had really sensitive skin as babies and I'm assuming this one will too. If this baby has problems with the Tide Free and Clear detergent I buy, I will switch to Dreft, but I don't think it would be necessary unless your LO has allergies. A lot of the clothes I washed with dreft became stained, so I'm hoping I can avoid it this time as they have stain remover that is free and clear as well and the dreft stain remover I tried in the past didn't help with stains.

Thank you.... I think I'll probably wash all her little clothes in ALL. I oringinally wasn't a fan of all either until I started breaking out in misterious rashes and hives.. and All was the only thing that worked... I have an allergic reaction to Tide, Gain and Purexx so I'm hoping ALL will be a safe alternative for both me and lo. If now I'll just clip coupons and buy Dreft.

I have been using ALL free and clear for my extremely sensitive and allergic dog, it's amazing. So when I read online about using that instead of Dreft for baby, I jumped at it! My MIL says its preferable- I can't remember why. She is L&D nurse and lactation consultant.

Their free and clear is awesome, we have had good success with it! All of babies clothes have been washed in it, and my dogs bedding always looks great. Not to mention the price is phenomenal. Kroger sends coupons all the time, I have about 6 bottles stocked up, none of which I paid more than 2.99 for ;)

I refuse to pay that much for dreft, anytime you put baby on something or "maternity" the price triples!

I washed all of LO clothes in Tide, have both tide and All stocked up for after baby gets here. I refuse to pay all that money for such a little bottle of laundry detergent.

It's settled then I'm going to use my coupons and get ALL!!!! yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's settled then I'm going to use my coupons and get ALL!!!! yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am a couponer, if you could see my stash of various laundry detergents, dish washing detergents, toilet paper, toothpaste, body wash, dry pantry goods, etc- you would think I was nuts. Hahaha!

I was wondering the same thing. I just washed my little girl's clothes and things in the Target brand of Dreft. I'm not sure if it works alright or not though.

I am a couponer, if you could see my stash of various laundry detergents, dish washing detergents, toilet paper, toothpaste, body wash, dry pantry goods, etc- you would think I was nuts. Hahaha!

TAKE ME UNDER YOUR WING'S MASTER :happydance::happydance:

I was wondering the same thing. I just washed my little girl's clothes and things in the Target brand of Dreft. I'm not sure if it works alright or not though.

My mom says everything should be fine as long as it's not super strong... but Idk,

Hehe, I ebay some coupons for stuff I use a lot of. DH goes through about 1.5 tubs of greek yogurt a week @ 5.99 a pop. I found coupons for a free yogurt up to 5.99, I ended up winning 22 of them, costing me 24.00. That's 130.00 worth of yogurt for 24.00!!

I am not an extreme couponer, that takes too much time, but I do definitely use them alot! We also only do date nights for restaurants we have coupons for, last week our date night out cost us 15.00 ;)

Hehe, I ebay some coupons for stuff I use a lot of. DH goes through about 1.5 tubs of greek yogurt a week @ 5.99 a pop. I found coupons for a free yogurt up to 5.99, I ended up winning 22 of them, costing me 24.00. That's 130.00 worth of yogurt for 24.00!!

I am not an extreme couponer, that takes too much time, but I do definitely use them alot! We also only do date nights for restaurants we have coupons for, last week our date night out cost us 15.00 ;)

I never thought about using ebay for coupon's. i'm gonna have a peak tomorrow while i'm at work

We started with dreft but Megan had eczema so we switched to free and clear and switched all her soaps, lotions etc to fragrance free. I noticed a huge improvement right away. She no longer has eczema but still has very sensitive skin so we still use the free and clear detergent and fabric softener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"