All I want is junk food *cries*

orangedaisy

Reaction score
All I can think about today is cheese stuffed tortellini for dinner. Anything else makes me want to gag. And chocolate, omg, Gooooood chocolate. Like dark chocolate fudge. And I can't find any!! I just lost 30+ lbs a few months ago and I'm so scared I'm going to have to start all over. This is nuts. The pickle craving hit me today too, so I bought two jars along with my pasta lol.
Sorry, had to vent. I want to cry that the only things that taste good, are the worst to be eating. Heck even bananas today are gross to me. :(

I spoke to my OB about the very same issue because I am overweight and really have tried to eat well while TTC but I can only really tolerate pasta, pizza, cheese, and bread. Everything else makes me gag. My Dr says the first trimester it's just important to eat something and that come 2nd tri I will feel much better and will be able to make up for the bad food.

I'm exactly the same girls, crave takeaways, crisps, doughnuts, chocolate, you name it! Barely touched a piece of fruit! I'm overweight too so hope the cravings settle down soon or I will be huge!

Girls, you're eating for two. If you cant splurge a bit now, when can you? Everything in moderation, of course. But hell, i eat pasta, pizza, and fast food like every day. Dont worry about it too much. :icecream:

Technically, a pregnant woman only requires 300 more calories a day for the baby. I know what you're saying about craving junk food, but take heed! Everything in moderation! I have never struggled with my weight, I was quite skinny most of my life. I got pregnant at 17, figured I'd be that "cute" pregnant with the little belly and bounce right back!

EHHHH wrong! I ate literally whatever I wanted, I had McDonald's probably 3-4 days per week because, hey, I'm eating for two! By the end of my pregnancy I was borderline preeclampsia, borderline gestational diabetes, and over 85 lbs heavier. Since then, my metabolism has been destoyed. It took me 5 years and joining the military to get all my baby weight off. I have to work out 6 days a week and watch what I eat and narrow my cheat days down to one day per week in order to maintain my weight.

Not trying to scare you, but don't just assume you'll worry about it later! I wish I knew then what I know now, and I wish someone warned me about how important it is to be balanced during pregnancy. Not saying you can't indulge! You probably can more than you normally would, just in moderation. I must sound crazy, I'm sorry :haha:

A diet high in fat and protein can help curb cravings of junk food. Just make sure the fat and protein are coming from good sources.

I don't think the problem is just cravings and feeling as though you can eat whatever since you are eating for 2. I know for me, I can only eat the pasta and cheese because everything else makes me severely nauseated.
I did make a roast chicken, carrots, and mashed potatoes last night and felt ok eating it because it was bland.

I've noticed that all I want lately is junk food and fast food. I have also noticed that I feel like absolute CRAP after eating it. It may keep the nausea at bay, but in the long run, my whole body suffers for it. I'm really trying to force down the healthier food this pregnancy, even if it does make me fell a little more nauseous in the short term, I feel better for the rest of the day.
And I was one of those ladies who was "eating for two" my entire first pregnancy. And boy, did I pay for it! I gained 50lbs the first time, and though I still haven't lost all the weight, I'm vowing to not gain as much time time around.

Oh I definitely know the moderation rule and trying my best to abide by it. A few months ago I finally lost all of my baby weight from 2 kids.

Al least you have something to eat! lol nothing seems good to me :''( and w.e seems appetizing, after two bites I just feels disgusting. You're still early in your pregnancy, so eating junk food won't really hurt you..if anything you should just try to eat every 3 hours (not big meals but little snacks) even if the only thing that your stomach wants is chocolate...just try to get those things with low fat or healthier versions :) that what my midwife told me yesterday because I was freaking out about me not wanting to eat anything :/...then she got me happy because she said things will get better!!!! and foods will taste as amazing as they used to lol can't wait!

It definitely improves, I know I was terrified I would never like vegetables again. But I do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->