All I'm craving is...

Uh-oh, insane craving time is really striking now. I just went and tried to buy normal groceries and came home with three bags of dried mangoes and two cans on salmon. What I really want though is the salmon in the packet with flavors but I went to 2 stores with no luck. DH does not believe me that cravings are real because he thinks it is too early.

I don't think it can be too early for cravings!! The other day I was craving some ryvita minis!!

As for the meat, well in France (I'm a french expat in the uk), they eat everything!!!deli meat, prawns, mussels, camembert, eggs!!! Everything!
The precautions they are told to take are to wash veggies very carefully, cook any meet thouroughly, and no cheese made with raw milk, only pasteurised milk, no raw fish. People thought I was crazy when I was pg with ds1 when they were seeing me only eating hard boiled eggs or very well cooked omelettes and no prawns! When pg with ds I decided to foolow these guidance, it did made my pregnancy much easier especially because my ms was so bad that the only things I could manage were on the no-no list. My colleagues in the uk were surprised to see me eating prawn cocktail salad! Haha!

It's interesting what different doctors tell different people. With my daughter, my doctor told me no.. I have a new doctor this time as my old doctor moved and I haven't asked him yet.. But a few weeks ago I had posted a thread about dying my hair and a few people said that their doctor said absolutely not but my doctor acted like I was crazy for askig and said of coarse you can lol

I think sometimes we tend to over analyze everything and want to wrap ourselves in a bubble when we are pregnant and become paranoid about every little thing

I asked my Dr and my hairstylist about this in my last pregnancy. They both told me that it's the at home dyes because they have a ton of toxic chemicals to include ammonia and it isn't good to be breathing that. My stylist seconded that and added that ventilation is also different in the salon. She recommended using all natural products like Aveda or just doing highlights/lowlights if it makes you uncomfortable.

I have gone to the store many times with intentions of buying stuff for supper and I end up with cool ranch Doritos and Oreos! Hahaha then I come home and I don't want either one of those things and my hubby is like seriously and i said "well, you want some Oreos?" Lol peanut butter is another thing that I have been craving like crazy! I could sit and eat a whole jar of peanut butter

I have random cravings everyday lately, which with feeling sick all the time I have to eat whatever sounds good. Two days ago it was wild rice soup and grilled cheese, yesterday I wanted those gummy orange slice candies covered in sugar and lifesaver mints. Been wanting smoothies and McDonalds lately too. My cravings are just all over the place but without them I literally can't take a bite of anything!

Blizzy- I'm the same way! I'm happy that I'm actually craving something because for a while I was so hungry but absolutely nothing sounded good and if I ate something just to eat something it would make me sick! I kept saying that nothing sounds good to my hubby and he didn't understand how this was possible.. He said your hungry so eat! Lol men just don't understand some things at all!

My cravings are all over the place and not at all consistent. But since it is Fall now I'm all about pumpkin spice frappuccinos! I do seem to want things that have cinnamon on/in them :) mmm snicker doodles might be an upcoming project! Ooo also cream cheese!!

My dorctor told me specifically no deli meats except cooked ham. Which I was happy about because I'm really craving cold meats. But I can't have salami or anything like that. I don't want to risk it.

Oh man...I totally ate two whole bags of seaweed snacks (one yesterday, one today) before googling if it was safe. It suddenly occurred to me that if fish absorb mercury from the ocean maybe seaweed does too...it does. Massively exceeded the safe amount for the week. I really hope I didn't do any damage!!!

I have never heard of such a thing as not being allowed deli meats in pregnancy ? (we call it cold meat in SA.) :shrug: I have had it in all of my pregnancies .... I think heating it would make it awful.

I read an article the other day that basically said a lot of those precautions are overrated (besides the soft cheese ones) . Preggo ladies in Japan would laugh at you if you told them not to eat sushi :haha:
Not saying you should eat it ... It's just my personal conviction. I can't live without a bit of sushi now and then !

Wow....I can't believe you guys have not heard about no deli meats in pregnancy, it's a huge no no here. It's because of listeria. Let me see if I can find a link.

https://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/cold-cuts-deli-meats-and-pregnancy-safe-eat

Although, it is interesting, some people follow these and other guidelines very strictly and others don't pay Much attention to them at all. I, love subway, but am too worried to take the risk...

I got the no-no sheet from the doc today and it basically says no deli meats, soft cheeses, and lists 5 different fish (like I'm going to eat shark). Bummer

Iv been eating cold meats. The risk of listeria is minimal but they have to tell u of the risk in case u r one of the unlucky ones. If u listen to everything they say ul never eat anything. I remember reading it all when I first got pregnant and read no bacon, no sausages, no Mr whippy ice cream, minimal caffeine (then listed the things that contain caffeine) no sweetener (which is in everything!) no this no that no the other. There are main ones that are really unsafe but the others r precautionary and if u ask me it's up to the individual person whether they follow the suggestions (not musts) or not

Also remember the guidelines change, it wasn't all that long ago that they were telling women absolutely no nuts at all in pregnancy but now u can have them as long as there's no family history of allergy.....

I have heard if you heat deli meat up hot enough for it to be steaming then it is safe to eat. You can even let it cool down or put it in the fridge and eat at a later time. Steaming it would kill listeria if it was on there, only need to steam once and then it should be safe. At least that's what I was told...

It's interesting what docs tell you is okay and not.. And then what one doc tells you is okay another doc may say absolutely not!!

It is just a precautionary thing with most of them, but it's a risk, to me, not worth taking! I would hate to have something happen to my baby just because I had to have a sub!

I also find it interesting that my docs have never given me a paper that says what not to eat or what ever.. It's more left up to our own research and common sense. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had seen the no deli meat thing on babycenter or something and then I asked my doctor about it and he explained to me and said it's a risk and that I could do it but he recommends not. I told my friend who was in nursing school and she had never heard about this and thought I was joking because I didn't want to go to lunch with her!! Lol she then looked it up herself!! I also remember when I had my daughter the first meal I had after labor was subway! I had it for like the next week partly because I missed it and partly because it's all that I could stomach! Lol.. I guess my hubby better have some sandwiches ready for when this baby is born!!! That's still the main dang thig I'm craving!

What about Chinese food?? Has anybody heard anything whether that is a no no or not?? Specifically white rice and honey or seaseme chicken?

If ur wanting to eliminate all risks then I would avoid take aways. It's recommended not to have luke warm rice or reheated rice even when not pregnant, so unless ur cooking it urself and eating it immediately I'd say avoid it, however I have been eating it and me and bubs are fine

Mcwhmm - I think it totally depends on the Chinese place. If it is a good one and the food is fresh then sure but as pp said a lot of takeaway places have the rice sitting out/gets reheated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->