All my PMS symptoms disappeared when I started TTC

MamaHen

Reaction score
So I don't think I'm crazy. We've been TTC for three months now. I'm 35 - have been pregnant twice.

I had very regular cycles for the past 1.5 years.

I had an ectopic pregnancy (with an IUD) a year ago, lost a tube, healed fine.

A few months ago, my cycles were consistently so uncomfortable (breasts, mood swings, bloating, etc..) that I went to the doctor and did a series of tests for thyroid and anything else. I wasn't keeping careful track, but I had pretty significant hormonal things going on for like 2 weeks of every month for a long time. Ended up being nothing except just the way I am, I guess.

Then we started TTC. And coincidentally, I suddenly have almost no PMS symptoms the past few months? No sore bbs, nothing I can attribute to hormones every month. I seem to have lost my mid month sex drive. It's weird and disturbing. CM is even a little low, but still present at the expected times.

I never thought I'd complain about lack of PMS - but it makes me wonder if my reproductive stuff is on vacation? I do still have pretty regular cycles. But I haven't started temping or tracking ovulation YET. Jumping on that bandwagon this month.

What could it mean when these typical PMS symptoms disappear after normally having them in my adult life? I have no idea what to look for if I was to be pregnant - if I don't have the usual PMS, would I even have obvious pregnancy symptoms? I feel very out of touch with my body.

Martha

So I don't think I'm crazy. We've been TTC for three months now. I'm 35 - have been pregnant twice.

I had very regular cycles for the past 1.5 years.

I had an ectopic pregnancy (with an IUD) a year ago, lost a tube, healed fine.

A few months ago, my cycles were consistently so uncomfortable (breasts, mood swings, bloating, etc..) that I went to the doctor and did a series of tests for thyroid and anything else. I wasn't keeping careful track, but I had pretty significant hormonal things going on for like 2 weeks of every month for a long time. Ended up being nothing except just the way I am, I guess.

Then we started TTC. And coincidentally, I suddenly have almost no PMS symptoms the past few months? No sore bbs, nothing I can attribute to hormones every month. I seem to have lost my mid month sex drive. It's weird and disturbing. CM is even a little low, but still present at the expected times.

I never thought I'd complain about lack of PMS - but it makes me wonder if my reproductive stuff is on vacation? I do still have pretty regular cycles. But I haven't started temping or tracking ovulation YET. Jumping on that bandwagon this month.

What could it mean when these typical PMS symptoms disappear after normally having them in my adult life? I have no idea what to look for if I was to be pregnant - if I don't have the usual PMS, would I even have obvious pregnancy symptoms? I feel very out of touch with my body.

Martha

It may be a good idea to get some blood work done to check your hormone levels/ progesterone levels.

Good luck to you, dear. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->