All terrain pram/ travel systems recommendations!

milosmum

Reaction score
Hello ladies - I am popping in from 2nd tri to look for your experience and recommendations!

We are just starting to look at prams and getting a bit bogged down in choices so I hoped you could all help.

We live on a rough gravel road and I dog walk cross country twice daily. When baby arrives I hope to do a lot of carrying in a sling/baby bjorn to help me shed some of the pounds I am rapidly gaining but I know we will need a fairly tough pram to cope with mud, puddles, gravel, fields etc Obviously we do have some trips to the shops too but I drive my own car so don't need to worry about public transport.

Ideally I would like a travel system so I can use the car seat on it and have the chair part facing me or forwards but I am open to suggestions!

So far I like the look of the mothercare my3, the icandy peach (or possibly wait for the peach jogger 3 wheeler to come out in july) or the icandy apple with the sort of three wheeler adaption at the front.

What do you guys think of these ones and are there other ones you would recommend and suggest I go have a look at?

Thanks for your help xxx

i ended up with two prams i bought a beautiful m & P sola for going shopping and a cheap secong hand Urban detour form ebay for £50 for going on walks off road. would hate to spend loads off money on something to get it covered in mud.

Hmm good point - hadn't thought of that! More things to consider! Thanks jellybean x

We bought the Mamas and Papas Urbo Elite for town and the Mamas and Papas Tundra for off roading with the dogs. The car seat clips in and out of both prams with the right attachments. x

From my experience the only two true all terrain buggies are the Jane Slalom Pro which is a travel system (they have some of the safest rated car seats that attach), or the Out n About Nipper. I have both in singles and doubles, and they go everywhere. I keep horses and the kids come to the fields to turn them out, in winter the mud is ankle deep and sticky and the buggy still goes through!
All my dog and horsey pals have tried various other buggies, and end up with either of the above!

Another vote for the Jane Slalom Pro travel system. We love it, it's very hard wearing and the mud scrubs off easily too!

ive got the Jane Powertrack 360 matrix, got it second hand for £20 i love it!:happydance:

oh lots of new options to consider - thanks ladies I will have a look at the Jane ones.

I have also been recommended the baby jogger brand by another friend - any thoughts on those ones?

I'm in the same boat as you and I initially considered buying two prams but now I've found the Jane Trider and I think I'm just going to go for that as it will do everything I need it too. Another good travel system for all terrain is Teutonia Spritit S3.

I also have 2. Babystyle oyster for town/shops & out&about nipper 360 for x country walks

Jane Slalom Pro for me too! The tyres are excellent and the front disc brake is a must for gravelled slopes etc. Very manouverable. x

I'm in the same boat as you and I initially considered buying two prams but now I've found the Jane Trider and I think I'm just going to go for that as it will do everything I need it too. Another good travel system for all terrain is Teutonia Spritit S3.

Looking at the Jane rider, they are not air-filled (pneumatic) tyres from what I can see (I may be wrong). The only option for all terrain in my opinion is air filled tyres, but that's just me! x

I've got a Quinny Speedi SX, and it's brilliant offroad, and mine has taken a fair bit of abuse too! Only downside is that it's a bit heavy to get in and out of the car boot, but it's very light to push, has full suspension and a handbrake, which is a must for our Welsh hills!!

Maxi Cosi Mura 4 - its brilliant

I have a Baby Jogger City Elite and love it. It's not a travel system and doesn't come with any extras but all are available. Mine's been on dirt tracks, gravel roads, the beach (sand) and works really well on all terrains I've tried it on.

Here's the site if you want to have a look.

https://www.babyjogger.com/joggers_strollers.aspx

Maxi Cosi Mura 4 - its brilliant

We've got the Maxi Cosi Mura 3 and it's also fantastic! You can fit a maxi cosi car seat to it and we've found it great for going out and about.

It's a touch on the heavy side and you wont fit it in a tiny car boot but otherwise it has been great!

We've got a Teutonia Spirit S3 (initially with a soft carrycot), and absolutely love it! It's got great suspension, comes in a variety of colours, and LO has been super comfy in it from the start. You can use it with Teutonia, Maxi Cosi and Britax car seats with different adaptors - we opted for the Maxi Cosi Pebble as liked it as a seat, plus with that the adaptors can stay on permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->