All this medication to stop my placenta failing

sammie13s

Reaction score
Many of you no my stories about my Lucy and Bradley. Sadly Lucy died at 9 days old and Bradley died during my labour 😪 Both born at 29 weeks as I have a condition called chronic hystiocytic intervillositis. It's inflammation in my placenta. It's very rare and not much research has been done into it. My pregnancies grow normal till around the 18 weeks mark and then my placenta starts shutting down. I already have to perfectly healthy children so I have no idea why it started. So here's my treatment plan
Prednisone, vitamin D, high dose of folic acid, aspirin, tinzaparin injections and hydroxaqularine hmmm that was spelt completely wrong lol. Just praying all this helps 🙏🙏 Regular scans then every 2 weekly from 18 weeks. Early delivery at 36 weeks. If I get to that point. I'm under a great doctor in the rheumatology depart at saint Marys in manchester. Also the wonder Dr Edward Johnstone will be keeping a watchful eye over the babies placenta for me.. Wish me luck xx

So sorry, I'm wishing you every luck with your pregnancy and that you welcome a healthy baby at 36 weeks xx

Hi it's a lot of medication but sounds like they have a good plan for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Pop over to pregnancy buddies we have a high risk pregnancy chat thread that might help xx

Hey Sammie,
I just wanted to wish you a happy healthy pregnancy. I hope this time around they found the right combination of meds to make it work! I'm just curious how much folate you are taking a day?

Wow . I'm so sorry <3
Praying for a healthy pregnancy this time and a healthy baby.

Hope your doing ok sammie, stay positive. I'm crossing everything for you, you deserve your take home baby x

Wanted to Wish you lots of Luck this time around, I lost my little one at 23 weeks in May last year she did have a chromosome issue as well as a failing placenta.
This time around they say new pregnancy and so far everything is looking ok all clear and now its keeping the BP away until later on and trying to enjoy it.. It makes it easier having mile stones set like I had 8 weeks when I would listen in with the doppler then the 12 weeks scan and then 16 weeks app as well as gender scan, now its roll on 21 weeks scan... xxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->