Allergic Reaction

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, so in here it is.

I just made myself a smoothie trying to be nice and healthy for bubs. However, I used a bag of frozen mixed fruits, and it had kiwi in which I don't usually eat. I'm now having an allergic reaction I think. My lips and tongue are really itchy and feel as if they're swelling.

What can I do? xx

If the reaction is severe you need medical help or at least to call nhs direct. I have a mild reaction to melon and curry where my lips swell slightly and go very red and tingly this usually passes within an hour or two. I tend to drink water to dilute the reaction as best as I can. Hope this helps. X

uh oh, not sure hun as i dont have any allergies :( id phone nhs direct xx

I'm allergic to penicillin, but that's a really bad reaction where they swell like mad. This is just a mild reaction I think, annoying but I can still breathe. I'm going to go and drink some water and see if that helps xx

hope you feel ok in a bit... give someone a ring though ifyou think its getting any worse xx

I suffer from allergies and have had to take anti-histamines on and off throughout the pregnancy. There are some that are safe but really you need to check with a doctor first.
If it is just mild then just try and ride it out. Allergies are usually not so bad when you are pregnant anyway due to your immune system being lowered.
Hope it doesnt last too long for you, I know only too well how annoying it can be.

I'll sympathise with the penicillin too because I'm allergic though not too severely (that I know, just a rash last time, but that was 15 yrs ago), it made me laugh when I told the midwife and she looked at me straight and said 'that isn't too bad we can give it to you if needed' erm no you can't.

I'll sympathise with the penicillin too because I'm allergic though not too severely (that I know, just a rash last time, but that was 15 yrs ago), it made me laugh when I told the midwife and she looked at me straight and said 'that isn't too bad we can give it to you if needed' erm no you can't.

That's shocking!

I called NHS who said it is a food allergy and that the tablets I'm already prescribed for my sickness should help settle it so just got to wait for it to pass.

Should have just had the pain au chocolat that I wanted in the first place :lol: xx

Phew.....Glad they think it's OK.
Yep - stick to chocolate in future, silly billy!! haha.

So glad everything is ok, baby obviously doesn't want healthy it wants a happy mummy. the pain au chocolate would be my choice too, ooh and by some miracle oh was being nice yesterday and got me some.

I have a similar thing with kiwi - nothing major but it's not pleasant is it!

I'm glad you feel okay - I agree though - stick to the chocolate next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->