allergic!!!

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
lilly got an itchy rash all her body head to toe in the summer

went to drs and they said it was an allergic reaction rash and asked if we had used anything

we had a hot spell for 2 weeks so she had sun cream on everyday and at the end of the 2 weeks we went to cyprus and then again for another 1 week she was covered in sun cream.... dr said it was more than likey that she gave us calpol which i dont often use..... but then she gave us piriton for allergic reactions and calamine lotion for the itching..... worked a treat and lilly was fine rash started to go straight away and the itching calmed down...

so obviously was an allergic reaction but now she has the rash again on her face...... but i cant think for the life in me what has cause it this time ive given piriton again and its calmed down and is going.....

but she cant use these all her life surely there must be one thing that is causing it that she can avoid having food maybe..... but im racking my bloody brains trying to think what it is :dohh:

I presume you have tried all the obvious ones like shampoo, soap, washing powder etc? Have you had cream on your face and touched faces with her?Not been using any type of cream on her face? Might be an ingredient that is found in creams and in some foods? Or could be allergic to more than one thing? Not sure I am much help...

thanks hun i really dont no it has been eating my brains trying to think wat it could be not washing powder cause only on her face and no i dont use creams on my face nor on hers i used to use facial stuff but stopped when i got preg thanks for the reply though hun its gone now but not sure if it might be back again soon

it's a bit random that it's only on her face and that you don't put anything directly on her face obviously! It's difficult when things like this happen. Last summer Alasdair used to wake up in the night with a blistery red rash on his arms and legs (like nettle rash really). We ruled all sorts out but never figured it out and in the end I gave him a low dose of antihistamine for a few weeks and then it never came back but it bugs me that I never knew what it was!

Anyway I'm rambling on about me... I'd take her back to drs I think and see what they say.

well its gone now so they wont do anything till its back but i will next time i just gave her more antihistamine like before and it went my mum things it was a heat rash cause she sleeps with covers off her body and snuggles the pillow she gets really hot at night even in this weather hot blooded like her dad it was slight pink and bumpy rash exactly like the allergic reaction one before she wasnt ill with it she said it was hurting but i think she ment itching lol x

maybe if she gets it again, take a photo to show to the dr? that's what I did with Alasdair's rash and although she didn't know what it was she realised the severity of it. I want some of lilly's hot bloodedness, I'm like a snake or something I'm so cold all the time lol

Charlotte is allergic to red food dye....amazing the stupid things that cause allergies. I hope they figure it out soon!

Seth gets red bumpb rash on his cheeks when he's teething? Maybe that? We also found out yesterday he has quite bad excema which the Dr thinks makes his teething rash worse... Im trying to find a pic so you can see properly and compare... might be an idea anyway?

xxx

thanks love im just trying to check her teeth but she bites lol right she has 1 molar on each side top and bottom and all the others round to the front so she has 8 teeth at the bottom and 8 teeth at the top and doesnt look like any other molars are trying to come throw i thought you dont get the 2nd molars till later 5/6 years and then your wisdom as an adult is that wrong would be great if you could find a pic hun

just checking my own i have 14 on the bottom so she has 6 more teeth to come then but dont look like they are trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->