Almost 12 months bf - can I stop wearing maternity bras now?

Zephram

Reaction score
I've heard that you are 'supposed' to not wear underwire when you're breastfeeding, so ever since I was pregnant I have been wearing maternity/nursing bras with no underwire. My boobs exploded from a size B to a D cup, haha, and I got a few maternity bras in the right size - these are the ones that the cup clips up and down to make it easier to breastfeed. Well since the early days of engorgement are long gone and I've lost all the baby weight, my size D maternity bras are waaaaaaaaaay too big and extremely ugly and worn out after being worn daily for over a year. I now fit my old size B bras again, but they all have underwire.

As LO and I are still breastfeeding with no signs of stopping anytime soon, I either need to get new maternity bras (ugh) or go back to wearing my old underwire bras. My preference is just to go back to my old bras! This should be okay, right? I have heard that underwire pushing on breast tissue can cause probs when you're breastfeeding, but the bras fit well and I can't really see that it would be an issue, right?

So - when did you stop wearing maternity bras and do you think it'd be no biggie if I did now? (I reeeeeally hate maternity bras now!)

With DS I stopped wearing maternity bras at 4 months. It didn't affect my supply or anything going back to underwired bras but it had a big impact on my self esteem! This time I started wearing underwired bras at 4 weeks pp, my breasts are currently 38GG and they need all the support they can get :haha:

I only wore nursing bras for maybe 6 weeks this time. I am luckily not prone to leaking, blocked ducts or anything like that x

Thanks for your replies, ladies! I'm now wondering why I stayed in the darn things for so long, haha, I'm going off to the bedroom to put a sexier bra on! ;)

Yes yes yes!!! Underwire is fine for most women. My nursing bras have underwire. If you get clogs from it, you can just go back to no wire, but you will probably be fine. I've been wearing normal, non-nursing bras for a few weeks now and it's been such a relief!!

am i the only one that finds nursing bras quite comfy? i also think mine arent ugly but maybe i have really low standards :rofl:

You are fine to wear under wired bras as long as they are properly fitted. I dont wear non wired as being a j/k cup the do nothing for me as I need the support of the wired bras.

Thanks for your replies, ladies! I'm now wondering why I stayed in the darn things for so long, haha, I'm going off to the bedroom to put a sexier bra on! ;)

me too :dohh: i have gone from a D cup to a F/G and still am 11 months on!! i am so off to get some underwired bras tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->