Almost 14 weeks and STILL terrified of miscarriage

HannahMae

Reaction score
I'm now 13+4 and STILL can't stop worrying about having a miscarriage 😔

This is my second pregnancy but will hopefully be my first baby. Back in April I suffered a missed miscarriage. I was supposed to be 12 weeks, but a scan revealed baby had died at 6 weeks.

I'm now 13 weeks with my rainbow and even though everything seems fine, I still can't stop worrying. I had my dating scan on Thursday and baby was perfect, measuring three days ahead, wiggling around and their little heart beating away. Sonographer even showed me their spine, brain, and little hands and feet ❤

But I'm still terrified something may go wrong between now and my next scan in October! I guess having a previous loss takes the joy out of subsequent pregnancies 😔 I've told people I'm pregnant now and have even started getting a little bump which has made it feel more real.

Can anyone else relate? I've attached a picture of my squidge cuz it's adorable :)

Attachments

• IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 12
Absolutely! I'm sorry you found out your baby had passed away like that, it must have been awful! I had a miscarriage last year and I am definitely carrying that worry with me in this pregancy. I still hold my breath for blood in the bathroom and I'm 17 weeks now. I think it's probably natural to feel more anxious after a loss. I know I'll be happier in the next few weeks when my babies movements become more obvious. Fingers crossed you'll feel more relaxed soon!

You are definitely not alone!

I’ve had several losses and two babies. Currently 20weeks with number 3 and I still can’t relax! I have a big bump and can feel it wriggling but it doesn’t stop my anxiety that something could still go wrong.

Sorry I know that probably doesn’t help you much but wanted you to know you’re not on your own!

I think it's a normal way to feel for anyone, but especially those of us who have had losses. It never really goes away. Even after my first was born I still worried something would happen to her. It does get easier to deal with, though.

Totally normal. I’m so sorry you had such a deep heartbreak. That worry will never go away completely, to be honest. I promise it gets a little tiny bit easier once you get about 20 weeks and start feeling baby kick every day. Just remember it’s really rare to have a miscarriage after the first trimester and since baby seems to be developing beautifully there’s really isn’t much to worry about...but I hear you. Every day I don’t feel a kick every couple of hours I start to worry, which is silly, but no matter how big your baby grows (even after they are born) the worry never goes away, it just shifts to different things. Hugs. You’re in the momma club now!

I am almost 20 weeks now and I feel like that to afraid of loosing the baby :( I have had 6 Misscarriages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->