Almost 32 weeks, would you go in?

TriChick

Mom-Wife-Triathlete:)
Reaction score
Just need a little advice/reassurance ladies:) For the past 12 hours or so I've had a radiating pain that is originating deep in my right hip area and then spreading across my lower back and part of my front. Feels like a period cramp, only mainly in my back. It keeps coming and going every 5 minutes or so. LO has been very active today and moving around all over the place so I don't think he's sitting on a nerve. I've walked around, drank a bunch of water, taken a bath, taken a nap, everything. It doesn't seem to be going away:( I am debating heading in to L&D, but am working all night and trying to see if there are perhaps any other explanations that I might have missed before making the trip. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks in advance!

I have had a radiating pain before but it was definitely sciatica. It wouldn't come in waves though. If I had any kind of pain that seemed remotely measurable, I would go in.

Thank you, sciatica was the biggest cause I was considering. I have never had it before, and was unsure how exactly it felt. I'm glad to know there is a difference.

I would call L&D and explain the pain, and see if they think it warrants a visit. I had sciatic pain but not pain like you've described.

I agree ^. At least phone in and see. However if it keeps coming in a timely fashion that is something that should be checked.

I wouldn't go in. I'd go in for an emergency, though, like bleeding or the baby not moving at all (after drinking tons of cold juice) for awhile. But it's whatever you are comfortable with.

I had this last week lasted for 3 hours I went into l and d they inject you with something to stop Contractions because ur early!

They always tell me if you can time it, then you should definitely go & get checked. That's the only thing that's worrisome is that it's coming & going every 5 or so minutes. It could be a type of contraction... I'd go just to be safe, but I'm a big worry wart!

If you can time them, go in. If they are contractions they can stop them and it's important to stop them sooner rather than later at 32 weeks. Always get checked out with stuff like that!

Are you getting abdominal tightening with the pain?

At 32 weeks I'd call for anything unusual that you can't put your finger on. The nurse at the end of the phone will know whether you need to be checked out. 32 weeks is still a little bit early to wait and see if you're worried I think.

I called L&D, they said the only advice they could give is to come in and get checked out. I only have my doc's office number, which patches through to an answering service for anything urgent. I know it sounds silly, but I've been hesitant to leave a message for a call back only because it is after midnight here. I've been having a bit of abdominal tightening, although I don't seem to notice it when it's beginning as much as putting my hand on my tummy and thinking "Holy crap that's hard!" I was diagnosed with two clotting disorders this pregnancy out of the blue and put on daily blood thinning injections, which has made me much more paranoid about everything than i was with my first. I really appreciate everyone's advice, I think if they don't go away in the next couple hours I'm going to head in. It's crazy, we are all great at giving each other sound advice, but once we find ourselves in the same situations we have no idea what to do!:haha:

It's crazy, we are all great at giving each other sound advice, but once we find ourselves in the same situations we have no idea what to do!:haha:

I know exactly what you mean. I think it is because when it isn't us, we aren't freaking out and can maintain calm, cool, and collected. When it is us, we are just worrying and seem to lose the ability for decision making, lol. That's me at least.
If they are tightenings that are happening and can be timed, it's most likely they are contractions. My doctor gave me a huge list of things to look out for because I can go into labor at any time and one was tightenings with or without pain. She said that it can be a sign of pre-term labor possibly happening and L&D can give me a shot to hopefully stop them.

As for your doctor's office and calling after hours. If your doctor is in a group, like mine is, there will be a doctor on call usually at the hospital. So when you call they will get forwarded the message and call you back as soon as they have time. Usually they will tell you the same thing L&D did, such as the only way to figure it out is to come in and get checked. Over the phone is really hard to diagnose something!

Good luck! I hope they go away for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->