Almost 44 final ttc journey -- buddies needed : )

Sunshine14

Reaction score
I am 44 in October and feel like time is running out and I'm on the final stage of my ttc journey. I was hoping there might be some buddies around to chat with?

I have some hope left as we have been ttc for two years now and with my miscarriage that ended recently I saw a hb and it was the farthest we have gotten in 2 years so maybe the next one might be my sticky healthy bean!? I am taking coq10 to try to improve egg quality.

Thanks for reading x

Hi Sunshine, I've just returned to this site after a couple of years. DH and I have just had the crazy idea of trying one last time after I have just skipped a period for the first time in my life.

I am just turned 46 so a miracle is needed :haha: I had my first aged 41 and my second at 43 so hopefully there is one more good egg left. We won't be trying for a couple of months as I want to pump myself up with supplements to improve egg quality.

I'm sorry for your recent losses :hugs: , for us older ladies it is all too common, sending loads of fairy dust your way :dust:

Hi Luna thanks so much for your reply xxx I'm hoping we can get a thread going of 'older' ladies lol ttc and that we can keep each other going thru the mega rollercoaster of ttc at an advanced age!

That is so promising for u hun if u had ur last one at 43 - I'm struggling at 43 to catch a good egg but I haven't given up all hope yet! But ur eggs must be very good if u got a good one at 43. What supplements are u going to take? I took high dose coq10, amongst other things, for about 30 days before my last bfp and I swear it helped me get the hb of my last LO before I miscarried.

Baby dust to u hun when u start ttc xx

Last time I took a whole host of things:-

DHEA 25mg
Vit B6 10mg
PABA 500mg
Red Clover Blossom 430mg
Folic Acid 400ug
Vitex 400mg
Co enzyme Q10 300mg

TBH I don't remember why I chose these but I spent hours, days, months scouring the internet for things that would increase egg quality. I'll have to research them again as I take Warfarin now which reacts with most herbs.

Something which I think really helped is using softcups, I got my BFP on the 2nd cycle I used them so I will definitely be using them again.

I'm not overly optimistic at my age but I would love another (a girl especially) so am going to give it a go.

Hi ladies, I am 35 myself and TTC#1 but just wanted to give a word of encouragement as my mom had a baby at 48 naturally. She and her dh had 10 cycles of unsuccessful IVF before they gave up on it. A year later she conceived on her own. I'm not sure if IVF had anything to do with it but there you have it. I've got an 8 yo brother now :)
My dh is 45 and we've tried for 3 cycles with charting, temping etc and tried all up for about 7 cycles, 4 without charting, just OPKs. We're going to a fertility clinic next week to have him tested. One issue I've discovered reading online is that one of his meds, Amlodepine, can have an effect on male fertility. It's a very common blood pressure medication. So I'll bring it up and see if they recommend going off it.
What is hb? I haven't heard that before.
I've heard a bit about CoQ10 on the boards - will go do some research. Anyone heard about Robitussin to increase cm quality?
Anyway wishing you luck and thought I'd butt in! :))

Butt in as much as you like, it's great to hear positive stories.

I remember people talking about Robertussin when I was on the boards before, I can't quite remember but it was something to do with one specific ingredient which either not all varieties had or the recipe had changed, not much help am I? Seriously I always used Pre-Seed, does the job without the yucky taste.

I could do with the company too.

I'll be 43 next month, and having been pretty fertile all my life (it's holding on to them after BFP that's my problem) I have had nothing in over a year of trying except for one MMC.

My grandmother had her last spontaneously at 46, so I'd more or less assumed that it wouldn't be difficult to catch an egg. I've been struggling a lot as month after month passes with nothing.

I hope that this will be a good thread of support for all of us.

Hi ladies the main ingredient you are looking for is Guaifenesin so basically any cough medicine that has that as the only ingredient as some have others but will not be as effective.......green tea also works great but you need to drink it away from when you take folic acid as it effects absorption.

I am 46 and have been on this journey for 5 yrs......I have dd 16yrs...dh is 46 as well......I've had 3 mc and several cp's since 2012.....last mc was in dec....I am still hopeful.....I believe that which is meant for us will not pass us by.....it is all down to divine timing:hugs::hugs:

Hi invivo, have you had any investigation into why they don't stick. I tried baby aspirin after my MC as I had read it could help. Obviously I have no idea if it helped or not but I was at the stage when I would try anything.

It's good news that your Gran was fertile into her later years, it's said to be genetic.

Try not to focus on how long you've been trying (hard I know), it took me 3 years to conceive my first, never missed a month, temp charting, ovulation monitor, preseed, supplements. He was my one and only BFP in all that time! Then 2nd time round it just took 1.5 years and I'd had 2 BFP before a sticky, I was also about 3 stone heavier. Anything is possible.

Goodluck peanutpup, sounds like your body is trying really hard to make that baby, hopefully it's just a matter of time before it all goes to plan.

lunamoona, with two pregnancies in your forties alreay under your belt, I'd say your chances are pretty good at managing another one. You seem to be well on top of the supplements too! :thumbup:

My issue is one of progesterone. I had four losses (three early, one 2nd tri) before my first daughter was born, and she and the babies after her are all thanks to progesterone supplementation until 14 weeks.

I've had two blighted ovums in recent years that I'm putting down to old eggs and also a little boy who died as a newborn -- nothing to do with eggs, he was unlucky and caught an infection he couldn't survive.

I have two daughters aged 17 and 14, a son aged 3, and a space in my family for one last baby. Until now the falling pregnant part was easy but the 1st tri was an exercise in terror and paranoia. No fair that now getting pregnant has become just as difficult!

Apologies for the long rant -- now that it's all off my chest I can go back to being positive for all of us.

Welcome Spyrals, In Vivo and Peanut it is fab that you have all joined! We can all keep each other cheerful whilst trying to get a sticky healthy bean or have a place to rant whilst we ttc xxx

Luna your list of things you are taking sounds good. I will be very interested to hear what you decide to take this time and would specifically love to hear a bit more about DHEA as I have read that is good for older eggs? did your doctor prescribe it? I am currently taking pregnancy multi vitamin, vitamin b6 50mg, vitamin d, coq10 600mg also baby aspirin. I am also thinking about stopping all alcohol (when not pg I have 2/3 glasses of wine on a Saturday night) and all tea coffee!? As I think the caffeine might be a problem!?

Spyrals you are not butting in at all hun and fab to hear about your mum! Gives us hope xxx hb stands for heartbeat. What is robitussin is that in cough medicine hun? Hope your dh gets an answer on the Amlodepine do you have him on a conception multi vitamin?

InVIvo great to have you on board are you using OPKs to time O hun? I use them and I think they have helped me get pg so many times in the past 2 years of trying xx do you get prescribed progesterone if used get a bfp or use natural stuff off the internet? I have loads in my cupboard that they gave me and I took during my ectopic and it just helped to mask the ectopic in that situation - once I realised it was ectopic I stopped the progesterone and started to discard 3 days later. I have worked out from that that progesterone is not my issue just poor quality eggs lol!

Peanut welcome to you and good luck for ur ttc journey hun - do you take any supplements hun? It does sound like ur body is trying something and have everything crossed for u hun xx

I'm cd11 today following mc. Bleeding has more or less stopped and I'm hoping to get back to dtd soon. I have a scan on Weds coming to make sure mc is complete. I feel very sad when I think of baby I just lost but I'm eager to get on with ttc again and I'm hoping that if fertility is higher following mc that I can make the most of it! I feel a bit heartless for moving on so quickly but I don't feel like I have time to waste really.

Anyway lovely to have you all to hang out with ladies and let's hope and pray we all get our healthy rainbow baby whilst on this thread!!

:hi: ladies
Can I join in? I am 42 been trying with my DH since 30 March 2013 (our wedding night - been together 14 years total) no birth control since July 2012... with not even a hint of BFP :( I have DD1(23) and DD2(18) from previous marriages - my DH has no children of his own. We have went to two different FE's and we will not be going back as my DH will not do IUI or IVF.
I recently had a LAP to removed two solid cysts in my right ovary (caused from Clomid in 2014 I believe - long story there) and a large amount of endo - that I didn't know I had... I will get cleared on Wednesday but I don't see my hubby again for 10 days after that due to my travel schedule for work and his Elk hunt in Colorado... (crappy timing - was hoping for a shot since everything was cleared out and tubes tested and open)
but it is not to be this time -no clue on my cycle anyway - been off BCP for 3 weeks (was on for almost 8 months due to many cysts from clomid)
so I have no idea when the :witch: will be here - normally I have super short cycles - my amh was tested at .18 (really poor) in 2013...
Hubby has been tested twice - 1st time ok count and motility but 0% morphology (shape of sperm) 2nd time was horrible on everything...

during 2013 and 2014 I took all kinds of supplements (my house looked like a health food store) and I don't know if I can do all that again :( too stressful for me and my DH...

all that to say - its natural or its not happening for us...
would love some support from girls my age and dealing with the same issues!! :hugs:
thanks and sorry for the long post

Of course you can join in Wish4another �� and I wish you all the luck in the world ttc naturally hun. Are you doing opks? I buy cheap ones off of Amazon and they are super useful just to make sure we dtd at the right time!

Good luck and welcome xx

Sunshine, I swear by digi OPKs. I don't like the flashing ones, just the smile or no smile. My O date is pretty steady at cd15 with variations at times (cd18 last cycle and cd14 this one), but at least I can be sure most months that my timing is good. It also reassures me that I'm ovulating -- all I need is good quality eggs.

My progesterone is prescribed -- pessaries in recent years but injections back when I was pregnant with my older kids. I agree that it masks the symptoms of a MMC (my past two miscarriages were MMC strictly because the progesterone held the pregnancy in place), but without it I wouldn't have any babies at all. It makes for terrifying scans, though.

I know exactly how you feel, grieving the baby you lost but not having time to take time out to mourn properly. Sending you very positive thoughts that the next BFP won't take long, and that it will be your take-home baby.

Wish4, here's hoping that the pill delays your O just long enough to get past yours and hubby's trips and you never have to see another :witch:

For me, if I could just manage one keeping BFP I'd be happy to slide from there straight into menopause. I'm so done with this :witch:

Hey Carmel:) glad to be joining you here xxxx for everyone else I'm 44 in nov, I've had 7 MC 2 at 12 weeks the latest being 9 May at 12 weeks after seeing a hb and two perfect scans at 6.5 and 8.5 weeks so I'm still hurting:( I'm about 6/7 dpo and had a few faint positives on ics but I'm not sure if they are real or evaps I guess we will see! Xxx

Thanks for the positive thoughts InVivo I truly need all the positive vibes I can get for a healthy take home baby so thanks hun xxx it sounds like you have the same issue as me then egg quality. We will have to research how to get healthy eggs hun xxx

Oasis (Becks) glad you could join hun xxx we are getting a group of positive women together so that we can all support each other and hopefully share good news (!!) and rant and rave as needed! I know you've been sad over ur last loss hun and hopefully this new thread will help you (and us all) keep going! Welcome ��

Becks, welcome. Fingers crossed that your faint positives are the real thing and that you're back on the bandwagon one more time. It's terrifying, but we don't get to bring home our babies without it. Keep us posted!

Sunshine, :hugs:. I did some research and tried DHEA for three months, but not only did I not get any BFP but it seemed to mess with my hormones. I continued to get patches of EWCM throughout the 2ww.

I could really do with losing some weight. I've gained 15lbs since my last miscarriage in April, and I know that it doesn't help with TTC. It's just such a horrible, stressful process that I find myself comfort eating even though I know I shouldn't.

Thanks carmel I'm trying to stay positive and hope it's not too late but I am still grieving my lo lost in May:( xxx
Thanks Invivo please remind me of your name? I have no tests now and I hate being in limbo so will try and get some more asap and test tomorrow if I can, I tested yest with a non early 25miu and it was a neg but that was 7 days before af due so I guess a 25miu won't work. I've really struggled with my weight since my first loss in 2012, before that I'd been v slim all my life but I too started comfort eating. I'm 2 stone less now than after my youngest Brooklyn almost 2, but I still need to loose at least another stone and a half and it's took me two years of dieting on and (mostly) off to loose that 2 stone. I'm a 12/14 atm. I was down to 12 St 2 then I put back 8 lb so upset over the last loss. I've been getting a few waves of nausea and my boobs are still sore but I manage to convince myself it's in my head! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"