ALOT of discharge?!

mrscams

Pregnant- 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hello,
I have always had discharge, before and throughout pregnancy but the last few days I've noticed it has got alot heavier, wetter and also is like a green sort of colour :huh:

Im 31 weeks 5 days and have just come home from hospital from a pre-eclampsia scare. Since being home my belly has felt very heavy and my bum/vagina feel really bruised like every time I move it hurts.

Should I go to the midwife/Dr or wait till my next appointment which will be in 2 weeks time? :shrug:

I would totally call the doctor...as I was having some discharge and waited for my doctor appoint about 4 days later, they did a cervix check and there ya have it, it was pre term labor and i was dilated 3 centimeters and they had to stop labor and give me steroids for the babies lungs...as I was only 28 weeks pregnant.

i would get checked out just to be on the safe side

:shock: .... Really?!

EEEK thats scary! So have you had LO?
Thats scary cuz as I said I've just come out of hospital and while I was there spud was put on a CTG monitor thing, it showed I was having slight contractions but they said it was nothing to worry about and sent me home :shrug:

The green tinge worries me, you need to phone midwife asap so they can check it's not amniotic fluid because if it is the greenness could mean baby is distressed. Iv had a lot more discharge at the end of this pregnancy it's really wet some days it soaks through my underwear lol sorry for tmi.. But I was checked and it wasn't my waters so hopefully yours isn't either but best to get it checked and mention the greenish colour xxx

I have not had LO yet...hes still cooking. Thank God!

It was very scary...i would definitely get check out if i were you!

oooooh. good luck~ i didnt wanna read and run xoxo.

I would contact your doctor or midwife. I am 31+3 with twins and have been in hospital since last week with pre-term labour. My symptoms started with a change in discharge colour. However, you can also lose bits of your mucous plug weeks before labour.
Just ring your midwife to discuss. x

sounds a bit like your MP - mines was like that but it wasnt green, more white

best of luck x

Well went for a long soak in the bath lastnight- with the aid of hubbles helping me in & out of the bath as pelvis is killing me lol - didnt have any discharge lastnight at all.
Been to the loo three times this morning and theres deffinatly not as much discharge, there is some there but very little and the colour is yellowish & thicker than it has been ..... do you think I should still contact the midwife? As the yucky green/wet stuff isnt there anymore I don't wana be a pain in the arse for them or seem like a worrier- I've only just got out of hospital after being in for 2 nights having my blood preasure monitored....?

i think the best thing is to contact if you're worried, not if we say you should hun :hugs:

p.s. heres a link to give you some info

https://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-discharge-during-pregnancy_270.bc

Is it mucusy?
It could be a bit of your plug maybe?
Id suggest it could be thrush but isnt the discharge from that white and not green?
Hope its all ok.
Id go get it checked just to be on the safe side if I were you - dont feel like youre there too much or anything because the nurses and whatnot are there for when you need them! Youre just keeping them in a job! :p

Called my midwife & she didnt want to see me, she said to go straight up to the Delivery Suite!!! I was in a right state after being told that lol, we went up and they checked me. Thankfully she said my waters had defo not broken and that my cervix was shut very tightly.
She said it was just normal discharge and the reason I had felt 'soaked' was becasue I was wearing pantyliners and the amount of discharge I should be wearing a pad....She said if I soak through a sanitary pad then to defo go back.

RELIEF!!! I was worried my spud would be coming into the world 8 weeks early, scary!
Thanks for all your advice ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->