already "showing"?

Nazz4

NTNP
Reaction score
I attached a pic, not sure if it worked as I'm on my phone. Anyways I feel like I'm already kind of showing, i know it is just bloat at this stage, but i still look like i have a little bump either way. My belly alrwady goes out to where my boobs go out to and clothes are already getting kind of tight. I wanted to hide this as long as I can because of a previous loss, but i can only imagine how big i will be come 12 weeks, or maybe even sooner. Is anyone else showing already or did in a previous pregnancy? How do you hide it?

Attachments

• IMG_20131007_224002.jpg
    IMG_20131007_224002.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 17
my bloat/bump comes and goes. It was there for a little at 5 weeks, went down around 6 and 7 ish and came back a few days ago. I think it fluctuates and I have been told from friends that the bloat will go down eventually so I will feel smaller. We shall see! As far as hiding it, I sort of squeeze my tummy muscles and it makes it a little smaller... and I just wear a sweater.

Yeah that's baby bloat. Although the more pregnancies you have the sooner you usually 'show'. But 5 weeks it too soon. I promise you will have a belly soon enough;) the bloat will come and go. I've noticed that today especially, my bloat is definately there too!! I can suck my stomach in a bit, and the gas doesn't help either! Lol! Fun times;)

I am only 4 weeks and 5 days,I have the bloating but it comes and goes...def worse after I each,which is like every hour lol

I meant after I eat not each lol hard typing while laying in the dark :p

Join the club, iam 6wiks but looks 4 months already. I also wanted to hide it from work until 12wiks but I doubt it will work as people are starting to notice

I'm only between 4 and 6 weeks and got asked yesterday at work if I was going to be taking a long holiday in 9 months time lol!

I've already told my work just so they don't make me do heavy lifting or anything, but I wanted to hide it from family and friends and such as long as I can. I guess that seems kind of backwards lol, but last time I was preg my family did not react very well and when we lost it it seemed that they were practically happy. They just think that we should be married first (to me marriage doesn't really mean anything, nothing will be different when we are married, but we are engaged) and they don't think we make enough money... but my parents were this age when they had their first and they were not making a lot of money either so idk what their deal is. I only had my brother and his girl friend and one sister who were pretty supportive of it and happy, and then OHs step mom. My other sister said she would have an abortion if she were me... and now OH doesn't like her anymore, he was very mad.

Anyways I'm just trying to figure out a way to tell people that aren't going to be happy to hear the news. I pretty much don't even see the point in telling them because I feel like their negativity may cause me more stress than it's worth. I almost want to just tell them around when I'm due lol because they live a good 5 hour drive away from me. I'm going up there for Thanksgiving, but I could probably figure out a way to not see them again the rest of the pregnancy. I just want to call and be like "hey you might want to come down here because I'm about go have your grand child" haha and then nobody can say any dumb crap to me.

That's so sad that your family isn't supportive of your pregnancy. I completely get that everyone has opinions and may not like the choices you have made, but family should be there for you whether they like it or not. My (now) husband and I have been together for almost 13 years! We finally got married 4 years ago but have a 10 year old daughter. Nothing relationship wise changed after we got our marriage certificate. You have to do what is right for you and cut out the negativity.

@Stefka- They were being supportive, but it was almost reluctant. It was really just my parents and one sister who were negative about it; and OH thinks my mom was actually secretly happy about it... but I'm not sure. My parents would have been over the moon if it was any of my other siblings that was pregnant because they're all older than me and still haven't had children. My parents want grand children so bad, just not from me! I think it is because they think there are still things we need to do also, like OH going to school and us doing some traveling... the fact is that I have already done a lot of traveling. OH doesn't want to spend what money he has on travel though. Also some people just aren't the school type, and my OH is one of those people. He would rather do things hands on than sit in a classroom.

The fact is we want a baby whether they like it or not! That is the path we chose for ourselves.

Anyways my dilemma is I would like to tell my brother and sister that were happy about it before, but I can't really tell them without the rest of my family finding out or whatever. Not sure what to do.

Ask him not to say anything until you have & do what's right for you. You may be surprised what they're like when you tell them I was expecting the worst from my family & they were thrilled xx

I would just tell them if you're ready. They will either be happy or upset. Bottom line is that it's your choice and your big news. Be happy in the moment and they will come around! Good luck!!

I've already told my work just so they don't make me do heavy lifting or anything, but I wanted to hide it from family and friends and such as long as I can. I guess that seems kind of backwards lol, but last time I was preg my family did not react very well and when we lost it it seemed that they were practically happy. They just think that we should be married first (to me marriage doesn't really mean anything, nothing will be different when we are married, but we are engaged) and they don't think we make enough money... but my parents were this age when they had their first and they were not making a lot of money either so idk what their deal is. I only had my brother and his girl friend and one sister who were pretty supportive of it and happy, and then OHs step mom. My other sister said she would have an abortion if she were me... and now OH doesn't like her anymore, he was very mad.

Anyways I'm just trying to figure out a way to tell people that aren't going to be happy to hear the news. I pretty much don't even see the point in telling them because I feel like their negativity may cause me more stress than it's worth. I almost want to just tell them around when I'm due lol because they live a good 5 hour drive away from me. I'm going up there for Thanksgiving, but I could probably figure out a way to not see them again the rest of the pregnancy. I just want to call and be like "hey you might want to come down here because I'm about go have your grand child" haha and then nobody can say any dumb crap to me.

I am in a similar situation as you. Some people that I have told so far ( haven't told everyone) hasn't been very supportive since OH and I aren't married. We did plan this baby and both have good jobs and I have a college degree. I'm 29 and he's 32. I worried about it so much the first few weeks I found out I was pregant. Now that I'm 10 wks, I'm still a little worried about how my grandparents will react when I tell them, but other people know not to bring it up (not being married) or it will tick me off. I'm to the point where I'm like 'screw it'. This is what we wanted, we are happy, and they can deal with it because it's my life not theirs! I think being pregnant has made me a little more assertive/aggressive than usual! haha.

I attached a pic, not sure if it worked as I'm on my phone. Anyways I feel like I'm already kind of showing, i know it is just bloat at this stage, but i still look like i have a little bump either way. My belly alrwady goes out to where my boobs go out to and clothes are already getting kind of tight. I wanted to hide this as long as I can because of a previous loss, but i can only imagine how big i will be come 12 weeks, or maybe even sooner. Is anyone else showing already or did in a previous pregnancy? How do you hide it?

I also have a lot of bloat. Most people really haven't noticed though as I'm already overweight and I usually wear loose clothing anyways, but my OH and his brother has both said they can tell my stomach is bigger. I guess it technically isn't "showing"....just bloat!

I think there are a LOT of couples having children that are not married. I was one of them with my first. It was maybe uncommon way back when, but this is 2013 and I don't think it is judged like it used to be. I am 100% for living your life as you see fit and making responsible decisions that you see to be right ones for your situation. If you're homeless, single, no job, and on drugs, etc...yeah, a baby might not be a great choice. However, if you are responsible and working and with someone you love, who the hell cares?!! Do what is good for you. If the people in your life truly love you, then they accept you no matter what you choose. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->