Alternate vaccination schedule?

J

JayleighAnn

THIS IS NOT FOR DEBATE ABOUT NOT HAVING VACCINATIONS, PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU CHOOSE A DIFFERENT VACCINATION ROUTE TO WHAT IS RECOMMENDED/NO VACCINES

Mr Pants had his 4month injections on Monday and TBH I'm not happy, he had 2 in one leg and 1 in another. He had a temperature of 38.2 the morning after, he cried all night and is generally still not too well.

I've always been dubious of vaccinations but have had him vaccinated as we're just told that's what best for them.

My question is what was your reasons behind taking a different route? Is there any evidence as to why you shouldn't get them jabbed? I will be doing research on this but very interested in peoples opinions

I'm not sure if you want my opinion since we aren't on a delayed schedule, or really alternative because we don't vaccinate at all...so I won't say anything for now but if you want to hear my reasons I'd be happy to share them :)

Yes please, I didn't want him vaccinated but OH told me if I didn't he would get him vaccinated without my knowledge as he doesn't want him to die from the diseases they prevent x

Yeah I completely get that I think it all depends on how you weigh it, how you look at things. You are taking a risk either way, the diseases can have some bad side effects and even death...and the vaccines are the same. We spent hours researching, I don't even know how long. We based our decision mostly on the chances of them coming into contact with the diseases, most aren't very common anymore..yes partly because of vaccines but I think most of the reason is because of advances in nutrition, sanitation and medical advances. We treat things differently, there are medicines to treat people that get sick to help them get better faster and to help prevent it spreading to tons of others. So the chances of them getting the disease, the benefits and risk having the disease brings vs knowing they would for sure come into the toxins in vaccines and the risks that can bring, but also what benefits it offers (how effective is the vaccine). Also thinking how often would they need to keep up with those vaccines, alot of diseases are more serious in adults vs if they get the disease would they most likely have lifetime immunity from it? We decided for our kids the risk of having the vaccines was higher than them possibly getting the diseases. If the boys when they become teens or adults decide they want that protection either for their profession, traveling or just because they feel it is better for them we will support that but at this point they are very healthy and we don't feel they need them and that they would cause more harm than good :)

Thank you hun, I will look into it properly once Halen's in bed, but my main reason for not wanting to have them is that I'm really worried about whats actually in them and if it really is doing him any good? He's been very poorly since having these 3rd sets and I'm finding it hard to justify him having them x

me too, I made my mum hold him as I cry every time he has them. Poor thing he screamed and he's started reaching his arms out when he wants to be held so all he did was arch his back and reach for me :cry: made my heart bleed

Aww hun, I know it's horrible when they cry and when it's something like jabs you feel responsible because it is avoidable.

We chose not to give Jack the PCV and delayed the men c and 5in1 by 2 months then spread them out so they were just one a month (2 men c; and 3 5in1). It did mean dragging the trips to the nurse out over a longer period, but it meant that no one trip was too traumatic. He won't be getting the MMR, but we do want him to have the single measles so will be getting that done privately.

For the next baby I am edging towards skipping vaccines altogether, but I'll have to talk it over with DH.

For me it was basically a case of weighing up the risks. There is so much unknown about the long term effects of mass immunisation and it really scared me to find out how little testing some of the major vaccines have gone through.

I was also concerned about some of the ingredients, not least of which is aluminium, which has been shown to cause problems in the brain and behavioural issues and may be the reason that ADD and ADHD are on the rise.

There was also the issue of how effective vaccines are. Some have been shown to have a 20% failure rate 4 years after immunisation. For us having a boy it was a consideration that mumps is a minor childhood illness that once contracted provides lifelong immunity. However in teenagers and adult males it can cause infertility and the vaccine only provides 4 years immunity in 20% of children. What is the use of that exactly?! If Jack has not had mumps when he reaches puberty we will talk to him about it and see if he wants the vaccine.

I think it's well worth looking in to what you think is best for you and your family. I am very pro-choice and feel that the NHS deprives parents of the opportunity to make an informed decision; in some trusts they even imply that immunisations are compulsory, when they are not.

Caitlyn only had all of hers as my OH wanted her to have them. Now having done research and her refusing bottles and feeds after her last two he has agreed to an alternate route for our next.

Way I see it is it is too much for their little bodies to cope with at once.

One of the parents on our joint parenthing thread [wishing] had hers done seperately and after talking to her this is what I've decided to do with my next.

We're paying for Caitlyn to have the MMR done seperately.

Hope you reach a decision that is best for you :)

We have had them all done so far, but did delay them slightly. I will be delaying them even more and probably be more selective with my next baby, I felt a bit overwhelmed this time round and just did as I was told for the most part.

I will not be vaccinating against things like swine flu, chicken pox - IMO normal illnesses which need to be had to develop immunity.

I will probably pay to have the MMR separately, but I think we'll be getting all three jabs. I need to research this a bit more though.

Half of me feels like I don't want her to have any, I don't want her having those chemicals etc in her body and I hate the element of unknown about them. Then the other half of me feels like what if she did get the disease/illness and it affected her really badly, maybe for the rest of her life, what would I feel like knowing this was my choice?

I feel like there is a huge responsibility to make the right choice and it is not easy.

Poor little mite, hope he feels better soon x

I feel like there is a huge responsibility to make the right choice and it is not easy.

I agree with this coment totally. So far Olivia has had all of her scheduled immunisations but thinking back I wish I had researched it more at the time and been more selective.

We are delaying the MMR for the moment and I am currently discussing with o/h the possiblity of her not having it at all but paying for a seperate Measles vaccine instead. However the final desion is still up in the air at the moment as we are still resarching.

She wont be having the swine flu vaccine if it is offered to us either x

I agree with this coment totally.

Same here. It is a huge burden of responsibility and it goes both ways. If I do vaccinate and my baby gets ill or becomes autistic etc then I have to live with that decision and likewise if I don't vaccinate and they manage to come into contact with a preventable illness...well.

That's parenting for you! It's not easy.

For what it's worth, from my experience, jab days were not that bad in terms of Jack's response to it and I do think that's because we just had one done at a time. But I still felt sick and like we were doing something horribly wrong every time we took him and that's why I'm considering no vaccines for the next one. I have to go with my gut.

For what it's worth, from my experience, jab days were not that bad in terms of Jack's response to it and I do think that's because we just had one done at a time. But I still felt sick and like we were doing something horribly wrong every time we took him and that's why I'm considering no vaccines for the next one. I have to go with my gut.

Mine have been been awful, Halen has screamed every time, cried the whole of the night afterwards, his first jabs at 11weeks he cried for 2 hours from 8pm-10pm everytime he moved his legs until he just collapsed from exhaustion on my chest and cried most of the night in his sleep.

It's just traumatic every time he has them and it makes me question if we're doing the right thing, obviously I don't want him to get these diseases as that would be so much more worse compared to jabs.

I didn't get a chance to do any research last night as Halen wouldn't go to sleep until late and I was sooo tired lol. Tonight will be the night!

We delayed h's after his first one's as he was so ill after them so he had his 2 months late each one and it imo make a big difference wether that be due to the length we left them of the fact that he was older and more able to cope i don't know but for us it worked.
We are still undecided over the whole swine flu one's but that is only due to the fact that ds2 has cronic lung disease and h has a weak right lung due to the pnumothorax etc but tbh dh is sure our ds's have had swine flu already a few months back when they were all poorly and so were we and we presented most of the symptoms but who knows.
Good luck with what ever you decide. xx

We are doing an alternative vaccine schedule
2,4 and 6 mths - DTaP and Polio
8,10,12 mths - HIB
18mths - DTaP and Polio
3 and 4 - MMR

I am currently reading The Vaccine Book by DR Sears. I think it is very informative and unbiased. I would recommend it.

We have decided no more jabs, and none at all with future babies. Thank you all for your information ladies :hugs:

I'm glad you were able to come to a decision you are comfortable with :)

We delayed Hunter's vaccines by a little bit. Not really on purpose though, just how it happened with our schedule and Pediatrician's schedule. With this next baby we are using an alternative schedule that is in the Dr. Sears Vaccine book. We don't do all the vaccines either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->