Alternative contraception - excluding the pill

Autumn leaves

Reaction score
Just looking for some guidance!

OH and I have set a TTC date regarding job and house situation. However I've always had a slightly wacky, irregular cycle, so would like to stop my pill end of March 2015.

This would then give us about three months before ttc to watch my cycle, see what's going on. In that time we need another method of BC.

Condoms are a big no no with OH. All other suggestion and experiences welcome. I've only really ever known and used the pill!

Condoms was going to be my suggestion, since that is what we're doing right now. Hubby hates them too, but I told him I ingested hormones for several years until we were ready to have our first child, the least he do was wear some latex for a few months. He agreed with my argument, and it's been working for us. Hopefully you can figure something out! :flower:

it might take you that long to get your first cycle back - it did me, but then I got pregnant the very next cycle.
Other than condoms and the "pull out method" which I've used for years (not to be used unless you'd be ok with a whoops) I don't see what other short term options you could use.
May be worth staying on the pill a few more months?
Xx

Other than natural family planning, female/male condoms, pull out method the rest are hormonal contraceptives.

Check out this link https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/Pages/contraception.aspx

I might have to try persuade! Yeh we did talk about pull out just slightly more risky, thank you :)

spermicidal foam! I don't know where the failure rate compares to the condom, but it's something to look into. Some people say it is irritating to their skin, but I have literally never had a problem with it.

We used Natural Family Planning. It also helps you conceive when you do want to.

I might have to try persuade! Yeh we did talk about pull out just slightly more risky, thank you :)

We did the pull out method for the first month and I panicked after a scare, so I put my foot down and told him to buy the condoms for now. :haha: Hope your persuasion works!

We used the withdrawal method for a few years and so far no accidents even tho we DTD around my O days. Let me clarify though that my OH is very disciplined when pulling out MUCH earlier than the finale. I wouldn't trust the withdrawal method with guys who aren't able to tell when they might be finishing. If you are okay with condoms, just make him wear it!

NFP would be tricky without knowing your cycles and they would need to be regular too...
pull out method CAN be quite reliable if done correctly.
xx

Thank you... If my persuasion on condoms falls short I guess we could try pull out plus spermicide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"