alternative thank yous for the teacher

suzib76

Reaction score
ok so the kids come off school in a couple of weeks and i am looking for ideas of what to get for the teachers, Jack in particular has a student teacher who is just the bees knees and i would really like to get her something special but not ott iykwim
i usually just give them flowers, or a plant or a purse, but am looking for better ideas this time :)

Why don't you help the kids make cookies and then they can make little boxes and decorate them to put the cookies in?? I used to be a girl guide leader and when the kids gave me handmade cards, I cherished them - rather than choccies or flowers which aren't that personal.

when i was a student teacher my form group in my final placement got together and hand painted me a mug.
it was a fantastic idea as the staffroom can be very territorial with things such as mugs and chairs, i was well prepared for the first day of my new job.

A heartfelt note or letter means the most and will be especially cherished if she is a student. I have notes some parents wrote me many, many years ago and they are really special to me. They especially help on those cr@ppy days in the classroom.....

Seriously don't feel the need to buy a gift- it is really kind but not necessary. I have a few times got book tokens which I have used to buy books for my room...Nice for me to get and lovely for the kids the following year.

We gave teachers a clear bottle (Like IBC cream soda comes in) filled with sunflower seeds and a pretty tag that reads, "Thanks for all the seeds of wisdom". They turned out really cute. Last year we gave potted plants labeled, "thanks for helping me grow!"

We gave teachers a clear bottle (Like IBC cream soda comes in) filled with sunflower seeds and a pretty tag that reads, "Thanks for all the seeds of wisdom". They turned out really cute. Last year we gave potted plants labeled, "thanks for helping me grow!"

ooh these are lovely ideas, mind if i steal them :blush: connor came running this morning demanding gifts, i always forget! he finishes this week as we are in glasgow so i am off to the supermarket for soem plants :happydance:

No of course I don't mind! Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"