Alternative to deli meats

Discussion in 'Dieting, Weight Loss & Fitness' started by SarahDiener, Nov 19, 2011.

1. SarahDiener

SarahDiener Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm trying to change what I eat to more in line to what I'll have to eat once I get pregnant!

I normally eat a salad + deli meat sandwich for lunch, but I'm stuck at trying to find something to fill the deli meat gap!
    I need it to be something with high Iron content, because I tend to need a lot of iron! Any Ideas? I don't really like canned fish :(

2. tabitha561

tabitha561 Gary,CAYLEE,Zoey,Beetle

You can have deli meat as long as its cooked :) That's what I did... What about canned chicken its really good :)

3. SarahDiener

SarahDiener Well-Known Member

Oh yep! I guess as long as I avoid ones with nitrate additives I can just fry it up!
    I'm not sure that we have canned chicken in Germany, but I can have a look around. :)
    Thanks for the suggestions!

4. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

The easiest thing to do is to roast a whole chicken 1-2x a week so the meat is available 24/7 in the fridge and can just be cut off when you need it :)