Alternative to tea???

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I love tea and drink about 6/7 cups a day. Now I can't do that due to caffeine and the fact that I have 3 sugars in each cup. Anyone found something to replace it that's not decaf?? Xxx

I really like rooibos (red bush) tea, you can get it in most shops now and it's caffeine free but tastes nice. I take it with soya milk.

I drink a lot of different herbal teas although I think they are all caffeine free.

Green and oolong tea are also nice and they have caffeine if that's what you're after.

I have never had yerba mate in tea form but in South American countries it's very popular. It's what they drink instead of coffee.

Some decaf is nice.The twinning one tastes just like normal tea

Thanks. Trying to avoid tea (even decaf) as I have too much sugar with them. I've tried to cut down on the sugar but can't lol. Not a fan of sweeteners either xx

How about raw honey instead of sugar? Or agave juice?

Hot vimto!

I'm having a coffee in the morning and then I've got a bottle of sugar free vimto on my desk for the rest of the day :)

It can take a little while but taper off the sugar and your tastebuds will adapt. Do 2 1/2 teaspoons for a week, then 2 for the next week, 1.5 the week after etc. I used to add sugar in my tea years ago, switching to a drizzle of honey when I got to a half tea spoon, then cut the honey altogether unless I'm having green or fruit teas, then I like the honey!

I'm a big fan of roibos tea myself, red or green, and some fruit teas when I'm not drinking regular black tea.

So nice to see you ladies recommending rooibos tea :). Didn't know it was so readily available in other countries.

It's quite a sweetish tea so you might get away with less sugar in it. You can also try it with some honey and lemon (no milk).

Just watch out for the herbal teas. I have heard that you should avoid hibiscus. Not 100% sure of the reason though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->