Alternatives to swear/curse words?

cat_reversing

Mummy to beautiful V
Reaction score
need some alternatives, don't want lo to pick them up!
so far successfully use:
sugarpuffs
fiddle or fiddlesticks

any you use?

I desperately need some alternatives and quickly! :rofl:

'Oh for goodness' sake' is my sons favourite at the moment! Its amazing, he says it at the right time eg if he accidentally drops something.

We dont swear so I dont need alternatives to curse words but the above is often used!

I spend a lot of time watching cartoons (I'd like to say my 11year old sister got me into them, but my mum did) anyone who has older kids may have seen Adventure Time, they have some amazing alternatives!

For fun's sake!

What the math?

Oh my glob!

I dread to think what my lo could pick up from my potty mouth :-(

I'm trying to hard! Problem with alternatives is they're harder to say haha!

X

I sometimes say fudge but most of the time ill start off the curse word and end with silly noises when I realise I'm about to swear, like blergh or Fuuuu oh thinks its hilarious

Gosh darn son of a biscuit, mother ducks, duck duck duck.

That was the phrase I shouted after I stubbed my toe on a brick with my toddler right next to me. It was very hard to not say worse.

Hubby says fudge it! My mumwas a childminder and always said whoops-a-daisy!!

Mother father
Shut the front door
Fuuuuu...aaarrrggghhh (once I realize what I'm starting to say) :haha:

I used to have a trucker's mouth, but surprisingly I don't swear much at all anymore (or I half swear and end up making some funny noise at the end, like a PP said). :haha:

I use battle star galactica s fracking, crudnuckie, shitake mushrooms, ect. However I'm also in the us and use some of uks curse words more than i should :/ things to watch out for when our family finally gets to travel to the Cardiff doctor who convention lol

I use blimey, whoopsy daisy and bugger and sometimes I forgot and went oh fuuuuuu....n :)

I use battle star galactica s fracking, crudnuckie, shitake mushrooms, ect. However I'm also in the us and use some of uks curse words more than i should :/ things to watch out for when our family finally gets to travel to the Cardiff doctor who convention lol
omg wanna be my best friend?!?!

lol :flower:

I like the suggestion 'oh my glob'! My OH and I have really dirty mouths which we need to get under control as LO will imitate anything he can get his mouth around. I've been saying 'frick' instead of the other f word, but I still need to do better.

Ooh Ive been there, it is fab!

Gosh darn son of a biscuit, mother ducks, duck duck duck.

That was the phrase I shouted after I stubbed my toe on a brick with my toddler right next to me. It was very hard to not say worse.

:rofl: I've been there. It requires inner strength not to use stronger words when you're in pain :thumbup: I imagine your face changed colors several times before those revised "curse" words left your mouth :haha:

I'm sorry, but it's happened to me and it was pointed out too. Sometimes you just gotta laugh :flower:

Lol moldy voldy sure! And chicken legs ah i wish i could go to the next one! Darn money! I'm doctor who obsessed! My oh and i, w when we had our wedding was fraught with doctor who references! Plus my hubby dressed like David Tennant ! Loved it!

Im sure theyll have a potty mouth when they get older.. But like i taught my sisters, .... Never in front of grown ups, lol !! I was soo bad!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"