Alternatives to swear/curse words?

I'm trying to transition to saying things like gosh, oh man, geez, dagnabbit, etc. i feel like things like "shoot" and "frick" sound a bit close to the real thing, so if a toddler picks them up other people might think they were swearing anyway.

That said, there is a certain guilty pleasure in toddlers swearing. When I was a kid, we accidentally or on purpose taught my little brother to say "oh, shit" except he would say it "oh sit" and I swear it was the cutest thing, especially since he always said it in perfect context. Of course we had to un-teach him pretty fast, but we really enjoyed it while it lasted. I probably won't feel that way now as an adult with my own child though.

I'm trying not to swear but hub is Appalling when he is on one - every other weird is Fuck sprinkled with a few cun*s if he is really upset. He just won't stop! I live in fear of what Evan will say next!!

My nephew has picked up "holy mackerel" "holy mack-a-noly" "holy potatoes" and "holy moly" lol!

Except he can't say his L or R sound so it all comes outs like "hooy mooy" "hooy mackwiw!"

Shoot and fruit and sugar. Also I've just opened an account for my son and we have a money jar and each time we swear a dollar goes in for his account. $6 tonight from mummy whoops! He was in bed but still we want to stop completely and both have trucker mouths. Truck is another good one. And bum

hahaha thanks everyone for the input.
Think i'm going to have to just bleurgh the end of the word or use a different word each time and hope nothing sticks!

How do you deal with MILs who swear non-stop in front of your LO? I've asked DH to say something to her (while she's saying it, kind of playfully point it out so she doesn't get offended), but he has yet to do so. DS is still pretty young, but it won't be long before he starts mimicking all the S*, F*, B* words that she says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->