alternatives to the pill?

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone knows of any other options to the pill. I've had the depo injection and bled constantly for 9 months, I can't have the combined pill due to migraines, I've tried the POP and bled for 11 months, and I've come to the end of my tether. The GP has advised the coil but that isn't an option and I've been told the implant would lead to bleeding too.
I feel like I am out of options and nobody wants to help me.

Anyone in the same boat? Or any advice?

I came off the pill last September, and we've been using the pull out method + condoms during fertile times with no issues.

Have they explored why the pill causes migraines for you? I get pretty bad migraines, but the pill I've been on for years never triggered them. It did take me going through 2-3 different pills before I found one that didn't cause side effects.

Hope you can find an alternative option that works!

There are plenty of non-hormonal options. Condoms, withdrawal, natural family planning (actual NFP, not the calendar/rhythm method). I used withdrawal for years with DH and NFP later on.

Hi, yeah I've tried a number of pills but all the combined pills caused migraines and the GP said it put me at higher risk.
We have been using the pull out method for the past two months which is safe so far however I can't cope with the severe PMS symptoms I am experiencing so looking for alternative options.
I am experiencing severe nausea and dizziness and that's before AF has shown up :dohh:

Hi, I have nausea from AF also. I'm going to ask my OB about that at my next appt. I used the Nuva ring in the past. It works well and I had few side effects. It's a bit more pricey is the only draw back I recall. Hope this helps.

Consider seeing a homeopath for the symptoms - I have PCOS and I started seeing a homeopath 4 months ago and it has been MUCH better! I don't get most of the AF symptoms I used to, and the cramps and much milder - make sure it is a licensed homeopath though, not a naturopath. Good luck

If you're not currently ttc then evening primrose oil and vit b6 (I think it's b6) can help with pms symptoms.

As far as contraception goes, maybe try a family planning clinic rather than GP to get better advice? Hormal contraception doesn't really agree with me either so I sympathise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->