Always get a second opinion

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by twice unlucky, Nov 17, 2011.

1. twice unlucky

twice unlucky Mummy to 7month old

Last week i was told that i had a miscarriage and that my uterus was empty despite internal scan. i was adamant i hadn't but doctor disregarded my request for another scan (i have tilted uterus). I passed what i believe was the baby later that evening which reiterates the fact that doctors are not always right. i would urge women to request rescans before being coerced into an immediate d&c. there are too many misdiagnosed miscarriage horror stories online. i'm still doubting if i did really miscarry and if they were wrong again although pregnancy symptoms have gone. maybe its denial.

2. TaraLynn

TaraLynn mama to Kiernan & 1 angel

It could be denial girl =/ Though I know three weeks after my MC I was still having most of my pg symptoms. Can you go and have another scan done and more blood work to test your HcG, just for your own peace of mind?

3. twice unlucky

I know i should get checked out I blacked out and collapsed today :shrug:

4. TaraLynn

TaraLynn mama to Kiernan & 1 angel

Have you called your doctor? that is not good at all! I think you should go in and see what is going on!

5. SabrinaKat

SabrinaKat Delighted Mum to Finn

please get a second opinion! and go see your doctor -- the blacking out is too worrisome/scary!

best wishes

6. Andypanda6570

Andypanda6570 3 Boys and an Angel Ava

I would get a second opinion also. I am so deeply sorry you are going through this..
    XOXOO Sending love and positive thoughts :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

7. twice unlucky

I will definately demand more checks i've done enough research (i've even read up medical journals , sad i know) to tell these doctors what to check me for. I think this website it really supportive and I'm glad I can finally support and speak to people who have had similar experiences x