Always worried - does it get any easier?

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was doing quite well until I reached the 16 week mark (I'm told my biggest risk period is 16-24 weeks). The last couple of weeks I have just been a mess, worrying about everything. I used to be quite a positive person but the last couple of years has changed that....

I've already got an abdominal stitch in but I had to have surgery on Friday to have another smaller stitch put in to help reduce the risk of infection. Up until then I was worrying that I wouldn't make it through the surgery as there is a small risk of miscarriage with the operation. The op went well and making a good recovery (not in too much pain at all).

Well now I'm worried that I'll develop symptoms of an infection and that will cause my waters to break. Just praying to get through the next few days - I have my 18 week scan on Tuesday.

Everything scares me, will it get any easier??

I'm praying that I get past the stage that I lost my little girl (waters broke at 23 1/2 weeks and she was delivered just after 24), and hoping that when I do, I'll be able to feel positive again.

I can't even think about buying anything for my baby at the moment, which is really sad. We knew we were high risk with Amelia and we didn't buy anything at all. All we had was one little teddy that my best friend bought - we treasure that little bear.

Any words of wisdom, driving myself crazy at the moment!!

xxxxx

oh hun, im so so sorry you are going thro such a worrying time :(
i have no experience of loss at this stage just early m/c betwen 4-6 weeks.
however maybe ur dr could put u in touch with ur local pregnancy councellor (i have one) it might help to talk to someone who can listen and give you advise on how u feel etc.....
i hope u get few the next few weeks without any problems and deliver a healthy baby in 22 weeks time :)
:hugs: xxxxx

Oh hunny, I am so sorry for your loss. I had an MMC at 10 weeks and it broke me, so I can't imagine what you have been through and my heart goes out to you and Amelia. Wishing that this time goes quickly and safely for you and you find the strength to keep coping. You are doing amazingly, sending so much love :hugs:

Hi, Ive only just discovered this section of the forum.

I wanted to say that, although i didn't have a late loss like you,(mine was 13 weeks), i can understand how you feel anxious about getting past a certain point in your pregnancy. My last pregnancy was a partial molar, and even though i have had 2 scans that have been perfect, another partial molar cannot be ruled out until 12 weeks.

You must be a very strong person to get through what you have been through and still are going through. try to stay as positve as you can, I am sure the hospital will do all they can.

Take care hun and good luck for your scan on tues, i have another scan that day too.

Fingers crossed for us all

xx

Thanks girls - your words of support mean alot to me.

Wishing you lots of luck in your pregnancies.

xxx

I wanted to say that, although i didn't have a late loss like you,(mine was 13 weeks), i can understand how you feel anxious about getting past a certain point in your pregnancy. My last pregnancy was a partial molar, and even though i have had 2 scans that have been perfect, another partial molar cannot be ruled out until 12 weeks.

You must be a very strong person to get through what you have been through and still are going through. try to stay as positve as you can, I am sure the hospital will do all they can.

Take care hun and good luck for your scan on tues, i have another scan that day too.

xx

Good luck for your scan tomorrow - I hope we both have good news. xxx

It does get easier. Especially when you can feel baby moving around.

xx

Hi JadeyB, How did you get on today?

x

xx

x

Hi LinsG,

How did your scan go?

Thanks for thinking of me, my scan went well today, so feeling a little bit more positive today. I don't think I will be able to enjoy my pregnancy until bubba has a good chance of surviving on the outside world. We found out which team we are on too...... my instinct was right again - yey!

xxx

hello hun ...

well i dont have any experience of still birth but i absolutley understand how you are feeling! i had a misscarrage in July and the worry,upset and stress this pregnancy has caused me is just absolutley ridiculous, i can never relax and for some reason i have a huge phobia of turning 18 weeks just because someone told me they bled at this stage (which turned out fine)

i dont no when it gets easier, maybe it doesnt? but just keep your fingers crossed, and hope for the best, thats all any of us can do, im sure your going to be fine, this time you seem to have lots of medical care, your in safe hands :) xx

Thanks hon,

I'm feeling a little more positive today after my scan. I'm hoping that I feel a little better once I get to 25 weeks (although I know this is extremely early). I think I may feel that every week I can manage after this is a bonus. I may even make my c-section date of 38/39 weeks. I really hope so..

Only a few more days and you will be passed the 18 week mark - good luck honey.

xxx

xx

x

Hi LinsG,

How did your scan go?

Thanks for thinking of me, my scan went well today, so feeling a little bit more positive today. I don't think I will be able to enjoy my pregnancy until bubba has a good chance of surviving on the outside world. We found out which team we are on too...... my instinct was right again - yey!

xxx

Hi,

So glad your scan was ok. Mine was great, baby was wriggling round like a mad thing a measuring ahead at 11+1.

We seem to be getting past each milestone

xxx

I'm so sorry to had to experience loosing your little one so far along. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I'm glad your scan went well yesterday and that everything is looking good and that you're feeling better. It seems like such a long haul wait for these bubs to grow and grow well. :hugs:

I'm so sorry to had to experience loosing your little one so far along. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I'm glad your scan went well yesterday and that everything is looking good and that you're feeling better. It seems like such a long haul wait for these bubs to grow and grow well. :hugs:

Thanks Hon - I just wish I could magic away the next 6 months. xx

LinsG - I'm pleased your scan went well - heres to many more positive scans. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"