Alyssa's special needs review

tiggy

2 DD: Alyssa and Erika.
Reaction score
Alyssa has a special needs officer that comes to see her in nursery every few weeks.

this is what she had to say. btw she a really nice person.

OBSERVATION: I observed Alyssa in her nursery classroom. Physically Alyssa is small in build compared to other children of her age group. TA (I'm guessing this is one of the teachers) says that she has just learned to up the climbing frame. Alyssa walks in a bent over way and seemed to be very unsteady on her feet. Mr Wright said that she sometimes walked on hands and feet when moving from one surface to the next. Alyssa was able to carry a toy hoover over a toy and was steady on her feet, however she was unsteady when pushing the hoover along the carpet.

SOCIAL SKILLS: Alyssa is a curious little girl and was often observed picking things up and looking at them. She is often playing alone and seems quite happy. She engaged in some imaginative play were she walked a "happystreet" figure along a track with a cow. Alyssa did not engage in any play with children but rathre played alongside children. A little girl reached out to hold Alyssa's hand and this distressed her and Alyssa started to hit herself on the head. A group of children were playing a listening game, Alyssa joined in the game but sat on TA's lap. She observed the game and tried to join in. She said "motorbike" when she heard the sound(unclear). She said "moo" when she heard the cow and did the Makaton sign for pig when she heard the pig sound. She showed the Makaton sign for scissors. From Alyssa's expressions she was really trying to listen to the sound. The TA used Makaton with her. I gestured tp Alyssa to sit on the chair next to me. She came around but did not make eye contact with me. She needed help to sit on the chair. Alyssa picked up a cow figure and said moo sounds to her TA, TA said Alyssa says animal sounds rather than names. Alyssa does try her activities and knows hre colours. Adults in Alyssa class have observed that Alyssa does not like children in close proximity to her.

My son has regular assesment's too and is similar in some ways to Alyssa in that he doesnt interact with other children or do much imaginative play and has little eye contact. He also uses Makaton sign language (Mr Tumble is God in our house!)
How old is your little girl?

shes 3 (will be 4 in july)

and totally agree wi mr tumble aly loves him.

Similar age to my lil man then! he will be 4 in August.
Do you have a diagnosis for her yet? were still in the process of being assesed, seems to take forever. Though since he has been at nursery he has made good progress and they have helped with getting him seen by the right healthcare people xXx

No diagnosis yet hoping this woman can give us some answers.

fed up of ppl making out she slow or stupid she a very bright little girl just a tad behind for her age if that makes sense.

hope u get some amswers too hun.

Wonder if she'll get a child psychologist when she's a little older like i had when i was 5
Not that she was much help lol
Her results were Robert is a quiet child and has trouble interacting with other children
pish i just didnt like them lol

No diagnosis yet hoping this woman can give us some answers.

fed up of ppl making out she slow or stupid she a very bright little girl just a tad behind for her age if that makes sense.

hope u get some amswers too hun.

I know that feeling hun :hugs: you feel you have to constantly explain why your chld isnt talking/playing with other kids. Its emotionally draining esp as like your lil girl he is far from stupid, he's ahead of his peers with a few things like knowing his alphabet and counting etc plus he can work a computer with no problems!
Fingers crossed we all get some answers soon xXx

deffo hun.

i have been talking to a good friend n she says that aly sounds very similar to her dd when she was little she has recently ben diagnosed as being borderline autistic

im not sayimng aly is but its a possiblility.

ps rob u got a child phsycologist cause ur not all there i shud know lived wi u long enuff lol

(ducks from low flying objects)

ps like the name yous picked for babby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"