Am curious....

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
I had a miscarriage before Bodhi,that was called a blighted ovum...i have no idea what a molar pregnancy is...could any1 explain? Hope ive not offended any1 with my question. Sorry if i did girls,wasnt my intention.:hug:

A molar pregnancy is when the cells that create the placenta go wrong and start growing wild all over the place and as such its one of the the worse mc's together with an ectopic as you cannot ttc for quite a while after.

It is similar but NOT the same as cancerous cells, in that they behave in the same manner but are not cancerous.

A blighted ovum, as i am sure you know, is something else altogether.

Here's a link if you wanna read more about it https://www.molarpregnancy.co.uk/info.html#what

Hope that helps,

:hug:, Omi xxx

Hi there, from what my gyni has told me the cells that they removed during my D&C aren't classed as cancerous but this is why we have to be monitered for at least six months. If my hormone levels don't drop to normal within this time it is a sign that all the cells weren't removed and this is when they are classed as cancerous and I will need further treatment in the form of chemo. He has also told me that there is only a 10% chance of this happening, so fingers x'd.:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->