Am i assuming things?

JenniferS92

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
So today i actually made the trip to the DR's !! actually booked it and went!! for those of you that read and don't know .. i've been trying to make this step for almost 3 years!!!

at one point i was going to leave because i was that scared but then my name pinged up on the screen for everyone to see (even though it was just a couple of older ladies) and so i had to get up and go in. :sad2:

So i sat down with a Dr that i don't normally see .. well have never seen before (but it is Saturday after all and i'm lucky they were even open!!) and i was also there for my depression tablets.

She asked me how old i was and i told her i'm 21 and have been trying for 3 years and that i've joined slimming world to help loose weight because i know that some people cannot conceive when carrying extra pounds ... so far I've lost 4lbs!! yay !! :happydance:

but she wasn't interested in that. said because of my age that i shouldn't have problems and i'm healthy so don't worry and that if i wanted to discuss fertility that i should bring my partner along too.

I thought going in i'd get more info and questions on the subject and then told to come in another time for tests and then my partner would come in too?

WAS I WRONG FOR ASSUMING THIS?
or is this what all docs do? :shrug:

confused and fustrated!!! :dohh:
[/FONT]

:( how rude! Just because you're 21, doesn't mean you don't have a problem. See another doc. Don't let that doctor stop you from seeing another.

I went to a new Dr. about my fertility issues and I have been only trying for a year. He was great and talked to me for a long time. He said since I was worried that he was worried. He set up dates for me to come back and get bloodwork and an HSG test. Then if we weren't pregnant in 3mths he would test my husband. My Dr. did all of this and I am in my early twentys.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!
They definitely should've listened better, is it possible to take your partner in? 2 against 1 the doc should listen!

Yeah it is possible to take OH in with me but he was in bed still haha
i assumed that the DR would be able to speak to me first.

Just fustrating i guess because ive been trying to gain the courage to go for help and then i pretty much get blown off.

ah well thanks guys :)
going to book in monday morning hopefully for a evening appointment and OH can come with me then after he has finished work. Determined now ive been once to ask (though i felt a little silly asking) :flower:

This is why I've always put the doctors off. I've also been trying for 3 years, I'm 23 nearly 24. I had a MC at 20 and the nurses at the hospital were so off with me and I thought it was because of my age. So I've sort of been scarred by it, and now feel silly going to the doctors whilst I'm still only young. I had lots of support and encouragement off the ladies on this site, and finally picked up the phone and booked with the doctors although I have gone private because I just feel they've got to be nice to me whether they want to or not because I'm paying them, and they are so lovely. X

It was so hard for me to pluck up the courage i mean all my friends have children and me and my OH are the only ones who don't and its like were defective .. i think its me and he thinks its him!!

It is pretty scary but i got an apointment and then get blown off by the docs!!
unfortunatly i dont have the kind of money to go private docs so stuck with the NHS ill just make sure i have a different doc monday wen i make the appointment because we are more than ready for a family of our own .. even if family don't think we are!!

Yeah, ask for a different doctor. With your OH been at this coming appointment too, they may be totally different with you. Like PP said, it's two against one. I hope it goes well for you xx

I must be different lol, I went to the doc to ask for help after 3 months- and every month after that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->