Am i backwards?

hannab

Reaction score
hi my OH is super keen for us to be pregnant soon and is soo keen even though im still on bcp, that if i get an upset stomach or anything else he asks if it could be a sign! im keen too but ive decided that we need to wait a while. my pills finish in march and i want 3 months off till we try in june. i know im being sensible as we need to get money and house things sorted first, but his egerness makes me wonder if im just being over cautious. especially when i read how many peoples OH cant set a date or arnt even sure about the whole thing. it sounds to me reading other peoples posts that im being the man in this and hes being the woman!

I'm the same, kind of. My OH has been broody ever since I've know him whereas I've not been all that fussed about kids. However we have both been happy to wait for practical reasons. I'm also coming off bcp in March but I am going to TTC straight away as for some women it is their most fertile time after stopping bcp. As it gets closer to the time I am getting more and more excited and broody, I think it just didn't seem real before the thought of getting pregnant and having a baby but now I can picture it.

We have also got to get things sorted and we're focusing on that right now, hoping to be in a new house by June. I sometimes worry I'm not 'normal' when the other ladies on here are taling about yearning for a baby but I think it's because I'm lucky to have my OH on board and so I can relax and just get on things until my TTC start date.

yeah i was the same. when we started going out i wasnt even that sure i wanted to have kids at all, now ive already decided what cot im going to buy and have a couple of names ready! you must be right about having the OH on board. thanks

:hugs: i really dont know what to suggest or to advise u, im one of those women that would love my OH to want kids and start trying now. March isnt too far away for u though so if u want to wait another few months then do so, what is a couple of months afterall? :D good luck with whatever u decide

I was the same as you! I always knew I wanted kids at some point but as soon as we were married my oh was begging me to start trying. I wanted to do stuff first, have some big holidays, still enjoy going out etc. I made him wait almost 2 more years after that!
Most of my friends said I was crazy but I know it was best. We had an amazing start to married life and we're both so content with our lives now. He even now admits that waiting was the right thing to do.

Were now wtt for number 2 and if he had his way I'd already be a few months pregnant but I'm making him wait until May. I'm sure in the end he'll agree I was right - again!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"