am i being overally supersticious? (sp lol)

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
today I have been tidying our nursery etc ready 2 put away all bubs last items basically cos i only got a possible 5weeks left lol and i still got a pile of stuff in dining room. i have had a really productive day too ive done loads 2 it, bt then I picked up a few bits from MIL's i.e. play gym and bouncer and she persuaded me 2 bring moses basket home (ive left pram there though) and now I kinda regretting it...old wives tales are playing on my mind...???

and also OH was really giddy (excited lol) and decided 2 put the rocker chair and play gym 2gether and see if baby monitors work and I have had doubts all night, just thinking we are tempting fate...

am i being realistic or supersticious??

xx

i thought only having the pram in the house was bad luck not all the other bits n bobs ?? Hope not as weve put most thing together as we are impatient lol but weve left the pram at my mums

i thought only having the pram in the house was bad luck not all the other bits n bobs ?? Hope not as weve put most thing together as we are impatient lol but weve left the pram at my mums

Yeah ta hun, thats what a couple of friends have said to me, just wanted 2 get ur ladies' opinions :)

xxx

The old wives tale is just about the pram
Hun not other stuff. I have everything set up ready but pram is at my mums x x

being realistic or superstitious about going into labor, being late or something else...never heard of this???

sorry to say but... I've had my moses basket since i was 8 weeks and travel system since 17 weeks, if something is going to go wrong i believe it will happen with or with out the items in the house. Hope i don't offend.

Me and my mum fell out about 6 weeks before I had ds so I had all my stuff here - including the pram!

.....and I have a PERFECT :happydance: healthy happy lil man! :thumbup::happydance: (plus my labour wasnt too bad either) ......so I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

sorry to say but... I've had my moses basket since i was 8 weeks and travel system since 17 weeks, if something is going to go wrong i believe it will happen with or with out the items in the house. Hope i don't offend.

:thumbup: couldn't have said it better.

I'm so glad I'm not superstitious. We have everything ready for when he arrives and couldn't imagine not doing. It would be far too stressful to leave everything to the last minute and I 100% agree - if something bad was to happen, it wouldn't be because there is a pram in the house. x

I was really superstitious with my first pregnancy even though I knew it was irrational. I didn't want to have any of the baby stuff in the house but in the end I had to have some stuff there as otherwise we would have been bringing a baby home to a house with nothing ready! This time we already have all the baby stuff in the house because Abigail uses it so it's not an issue. If you are a superstitious person then it's hard to get past these old wives' tales, but logically I know it makes no sense!

We have had everything at our house including the pram, but there's no harm in being superstitious - I mean I salute every time I see a magpie lol!!

We have had everything at our house including the pram, but there's no harm in being supersticious - I mean I salute every time I see a magpie lol!!

Oh my goodness I am SOOO superstitious with magpies! If I see one on it's own I get nervous and spend the whole day looking out for another one! I also throw salt over my shoulder if I spill it and won't allow DH to pass me on the stairs. I think I need my head examining!

We have had everything at our house including the pram, but there's no harm in being supersticious - I mean I salute every time I see a magpie lol!!

Oh my goodness I am SOOO superstitious with magpies! If I see one on it's own I get nervous and spend the whole day looking out for another one! I also throw salt over my shoulder if I spill it and won't allow DH to pass me on the stairs. I think I need my head examining!

If you see a single magpie on it's own ur supposed to salute and say "hello mr magpie" and that takes away the bad luck!!

I heard a story once about a woman who was driving along when she saw a single magpie - she was so busy looking for another one that she crashed lol!

I think saluting is a much safer option :haha:

Oops wrote in the wrong thread, but while I am here I am soooo superstitious, but i am trying to convince myself nothing will happen based on something in my house

Very well said, realistically speaking consider this if this baby was yr second wouldnt you have all sorts of baby paraphenalia inside yr home right now like lots of other mums who are having their second third or fourth!!!
I collected my pram today and was give my moses basket bedding and stand in Novemeber and having my baby shower this weekend courtesy of my anxious 16 yr old daughter.

I think that some things you have to put into perspective if anything is going to go right or wrong ust because you have yr babys pram in yr house isnt going to change that.

When my first was born I had everything at home ready and when my second came 13 months later I had all the things from my first which i reused.
And so on for my 3rd they are all now in their teens.

When i miscarried twice last year did i have any superstitous baby things in my house no, did it make a differance no!

I am looking forward to bubs arrival there are issues bought up by the hospital but they are looking out for me and this baby I think very well.

After my baby shower I will start buying the rest of the bits that we need that I am quite looking forward to:happydance:

Hope I havent upset anyone xx

I have had huge fights with my mother over this issue she is really angry with me that I have the pram built up in my house. she basically told me if anything goes wrong its my fault.

Her reason ... my dad brought the pram (already in the house) down from the attic and built it up before she got home with the baby and unfortunately the baby was still born (cord round neck) she blames the pram which means she blames my dad and she brought this up today. Feel really sorry for my dad.

i have no such superstition but she really is angry with me.

She wanted to take it away etc and the cot I was like err no I need the stuff here for peace of mind. she thinks i''m being selfish and I think she's being melodramtic. Fun times lol

I say do what feels right xxx

no offence taken at all ladies :)

you all make complete sense ...

ta muchly :)

xxxxx

I had to bring our pram in the house but it's all still in pieces
it was in our lean to conservatory and In my head that's outside the house.
But our sewer blocked due to
the neighbours and sewrage started flowing out of the manhole in the lean to
the boxes were soaked in poo water!
Luckily they were sealed in bags inside
so the pieces are in the nursery not assembled

I agree its just the pram ive had baby stuff in my house from 12 weeks dont worry everything will be fine x

I understand how you feel. I have under 5 weeks to go and have nothing looked out. We have everything in the garage from DS, but I have a massive list of what I need to do. I have a set of drawers to build to put in the spare room for clothes, i need to clean the car seat and wash the fabric, bring in the bassinet and clean it and wash all the fabric and the mattress, dig out all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes, organize and pack hospital bag etc.... build the double pram. My midwife told me last week that I should be thinking about getting organized, I finish work this week so am planning on it but wanting to leave it as long as possible.

I know that everything will be fine for all of us, its just a bit wierd.

today I have been tidying our nursery etc ready 2 put away all bubs last items basically cos i only got a possible 5weeks left lol and i still got a pile of stuff in dining room. i have had a really productive day too ive done loads 2 it, bt then I picked up a few bits from MIL's i.e. play gym and bouncer and she persuaded me 2 bring moses basket home (ive left pram there though) and now I kinda regretting it...old wives tales are playing on my mind...???

and also OH was really giddy (excited lol) and decided 2 put the rocker chair and play gym 2gether and see if baby monitors work and I have had doubts all night, just thinking we are tempting fate...

am i being realistic or supersticious??

xx
Maybe you are being a bit superstitious? I was thinking, as I read your post, 'What would you be doing if this was your second child and you already had the nursery and everything set up after your first?' Likely you wouldn't be giving anything a second thought. Enjoy setting up and preparing for baby! I am still looking for just the right bassinett *spelling* and I soon as I find it, I'm setting it up next to the bed as something to look forward to filling very soon! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->