Am i being selfish and ungrateful?

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
I cant help feeling upset about how my body is changing.
Horrible bright blue veins in my boobs and none of my clothes are fitting and i feel so ugly and frumpy and just not me at all.

I cant help but feel im being selfish and ungrateful towards my little girl growing inside me.

Im so over the moon to be pregnant and i know there are so many ladies who cannot have a baby and just feel bad about what im feeling towards my body.

:(

xx

well your not alone in feeling that way darling

im feeling v grossed out by my body at the moment, ive always struggled with having a positive body image so pregnancy is a hard time for me

im sooo happy to be having a baby and i know my body has to change to allow it to happen but i feel v unattractive and find it hard to accept its out of my control

doing my hair and make-up helps me feel a little better but after having gone through this 4 times now i know the only thing that makes me feel really better is having my baby and gettting my body back

im sure there are loads of women who feel just the same as us, it doesnt make us bad mummies or ungrateful hun , just human x x x x

I feel EXACTLY the same hun, your not alone. I feel so greatful to be pregnant but ultimately I just want my baby and my body back xx

I don't think it is selfish at all.

My boobs are growing but so sore anhd getting veiny but hubby keeps saying I look OK. I sometimes wonder if he has missed the fact my tummy button is popping already and I feel like a whale.

xx

Thanks girls :hugs:
Its good to know im not alone
xx

OMG you are definitely not alone.

I am worried sick about the changes that will be happening over the next few months and the long term effects of these.

My dh started talking about when my belly button would pop out and I was literally nearly sick!!

I hope it does not make us bad mummies or we are all in trouble!!

Oh i feel gross as well! I have found that fake tan makes me feel better!!! It gives me a nice glow and makes me look thinner lol (i wish)

Ooo fake tan what a great idea!
I have some Dove Holiday Sun which im going to start putting on.
This pregnancy lark isnt easy is it :haha:
xx

Ooo fake tan what a great idea!
I have some Dove Holiday Sun which im going to start putting on.
This pregnancy lark isnt easy is it :haha:
xx

No its not! Ive just got to find out whats causing mine!!!:rofl:

you are not alone hun, i feel exact the same, what i do to TRY and feel better, is fake tan, nails, nice moisturiser, perfume make up and do my hair etc, its difficult i know. ive out on alot of weight i'll weigh more the OH soon and it makes me feel awful, ive now came to a 'acceptance' that my body has changed, theres nothing i can do to stop it so i just have to embrace it,

We're pregnant and special :cloud9: and our bodies are doing an amazing job growing our babies

your not alone in how you feel :) xx

I have to say it isn't bothering me too much at the min because I was very slim before pregnant so this extra weight & my bump makes me feel alot better about my body! :)

I totally sympathize with those who are unable to have children or have difficulty with having children, but I have to say I disagree with people who might use those situations as a reason for why a pregnant woman should just be completely and unconditionally thrilled and happy with every aspect of pregnancy. So no, I don't think you should feel selfish and ungrateful for feeling crap about your body changes at the moment. You feel how you feel and a lot of pregnant women can relate. It doesn't mean you're unhappy to be pregnant, it just means you're adapting to the changes of pregnancy and they're not always thrilling.

Sure I have reached the point where I know that the stretch marks and marks of pregnancy are wonderful signs that I've carried and nurtured a little baby, but I do think many women have to go through a period of mourning, so to speak, over losing the body they've known their whole life, and I think it's a natural process that should be allowed to happen so that a woman can move on past it and come to accept it eventually. I think within this process lies the key to ultimately being happy and accepting of her body, if that makes sense!

You're not alone hunny!!! Me and my OH are going to the panto this evening with his sister and BIL and their children.. Whilst I'm looking forward to it finding something to wear was a nightmare.. Not only because nothing fits nice anymore but because I just feel like a big lump!!!!

I've always been small framed so for me to now have what I'm currently calling a "boulder" stuck to me I feel disgusting.. Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely over the moon at being given the opportunity to carry a life and I'm really looking forward to having my little baby with me and I feel awful at the way I feel aswell but like you I can't help the feelings lol.. I used to be quite confident with the way I look but now.. well not anymore lol...

And I know this is stupid but I'm also worrying about getting bigger.. Not because I know the extra weight will be hardwork but because I'm so short and skinny I just can't shake the feeling that I'm gonna just tip over LMAO :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->