Am I being Selfish

Emily louise

My Little boy Alfie
Reaction score
Ive just found out that my Best friend since I was little is expecting
And I got really upset because shes 13 weeks and just got back from a scan and hasnt told any of her friends part from mum dad sister and OH

But because shes my best friend and more like a sister we been through alot together the last couple of months and she supported me through the start of my pregnancy and all my difficulties and my Grandma dieing and never said a word to me , She came and picked the cot with me and been baby shopping with me and even been to hear the heartbeat and my hospital appointments and never told me she was pregnant
Until she told me over a texted before and I was so upset and crying because I feel so selfish , and I think she must of not trusted me but she said it was a "personal choice"
If we was best friends why didnt she tell me ?
:dohh:

If she's 13 weeks she was probably waiting til 12 weeks to tell people so she knew it was gonna be okay. Loads of people do that and you shouldn't feel upset by it. Sounds like you're the first she's told apart from family so you should be honoured. She may also have been worried about you thinking she was stealing your limelight, or many other reasons. She sounds like a good friend from what you've said so try not to be upset or risk losing her over this.

Ikno but I feel horrible that Ive gone on about Alfie and she never told me about it and it makes me feel selfish !! but I am glad in a way because we cant loose contact now because we will both have babies and we can still do things together because will have things in common :)
Its just that I trusted her with my preganncy without telling people and It seems she couldnt trust me

Don't feel bad, it's normal to be excited, I go on bout my LO to everyone who'll listen. I'm sure she would have said something if it bothered her. Maybe she was unsure about things and that's why she didn't mention it? Yeah it's great you'll have someone going through everything with you =]

Hey. Don't feel bad! It's perfectly natural to be excited-- and its not like you knew she was pregnant! I think she probably just waited until she was past the twelve week mark, because a lot of women fear having tomgo through a public miscarriage. Im sure she didn't mean anything by it, and probably had no intention of hurting your feelings. I don't think you are being selfish. But the best thing you can do is to just try to look past the fact that she waited to tell you. She had her personal reasons for waiting. Right now you both need eqch other. Pregnancy is super exciting, but really stressful. So any hurt feelings should just be let go, and you two should move on with your friendship!
Good luck! Hope everything works out! :flow:

Thanks well I Spoke to her this morningasking how she is because she told me she had really bad morning sickness and I'm going round her house saturday where shes cooking us a meal which will be nice :)
I think it was just a shock but i'm kind of coming round to the idea now , I just hope she didnt get pregnant because she thought she loose me as her friend..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->