Am i being too nice??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Alicia_&_Kev, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Alicia_&_Kev

Alicia_&_Kev Well-Known Member

Its my last day at work today as have 24 days hols to take (start mat leave on 11th May).
    Have had food poisining since Thursday (still went in) but had to have friday off work as was toooo ill, and when i let them know had a really nasty text from my line manager (only been there a month and is a cow!!) saying stuff like i am out of order as it was her day off and no one would cover, also that i was taking advantage as i have had 4 days off alltogether since being preg.
    She also then tried saying that she didnt know about it and that i hadnt told her WTF??!! so how did you know to send me the bitchy message??

I know when i go in today no one will even say good luck let alone have a card or anything signed by everyone (which im not materialistic the good luck or goodbye would be fine!!) but *i will go in, work, do everything as everyone is lazy and NOTHING would have been done, then go home*

So anyway i was planning on taking some little cakes into work today as have worked there a while and get on with all the people that work out there really really well, so have made them (LOTS of them lol) and dont know whether to take them with me or not??!!

Sorry for the rant it just does my brain in!! lol

What have all you girls last days at work been like?? have seen some posted but cant member (preggers brain and all lol)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Missy85

Missy85 Well-Known Member

AWW i can see why you wouldnt want to take them, but i still would probably as you can always have a few if anyone annoys you hehe

3. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

People at work can be insensitive for sure.
    I got married August and didn't receive anything from anybody, except those that were invited to the wedding. I was rather upset, considering I had donated repeatedly when their big events happened throughout the past 8 yrs.
    I lost my job in October due to downsizing but visit the office regularly. Doubt I will receive anything for the baby either, but was glad to hear that another co-worker who just went on Mat leave and now had her baby girl did receive a baby shower.

As for your supervisor... If she didn't want to take the responsiblilty of covering shifts for people who are ill, then she shouldn't be a supervisor!!! It comes with the territory.

Take the cakes in... show them you are the better person!!! :>

4. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I'd take them in, be a shame to let one silly noob of a line manager ruin it for you! xxx

5. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

I'd take the cakes in - theres no point letting a few idiot people and one big idiot boss get you down - have a lovely last day and rise above them!! xxx

6. Alicia_&_Kev

thanks you ladies!! would give you all cakes too if i could lol.
    you are all lovely lovely people and have definately helped me through what would have, if not for you lovely ladies caused lots and lots of worry (meaning the pregnancy) lol and you all deserve all the happiness in the world!!!
    will update later and let you know how things went! if onnly for the laughs lol :p
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7. danapeter36

danapeter36 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah let us know how it all goes!
    Big hugs xxx

8. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

4 days off during your whole pregnancy? I was working up to 10 weeks preg and had more than that off by then lol!!!!

9. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Aww hun, Im sorry one person has ruined this, defiantly take the cakes in and show her. Hope it goes okay, take care :hugs: XX

10. kbaker09

kbaker09 Well-Known Member

She sounds horrid. Take the cakes in and put a laxative in hers. :rofl::rofl:

LOL... :muaha:

11. tricky nicky

tricky nicky mummy to Alfie

not very professional of your line manager to do that and also very risky for her!!!!!
    take the cakes inand enjoy your last day at work!!!

12. Alicia_&_Kev

Hey hey
    Took them in with me (saving 4 for OH dont wanna get told off hehe) everyone enjoyed them so al good. And got a card signed by some ppl and me to you bear baby on board sign for my new car (they were obv brought today as think they felt bad lol) but was a nice thought which ill be honest i didnt think poss of them.
    All in all was a good day as days go in that place lol. think i enjoyed it so much cos i knew it was my last lol :D get to sleep sleep sleep now :D yay
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx