Am I being unreasonable? Friend issue!

I know how you feel. My family does that all the time, my cousins told me that they want to get something for baby and they asked me what i needed for him. I told them the remaining stuff i needed and never got a gift. Every year for christmas i never get a gift from them but they complain what i get them. I spent over 300 or 400 dollars on stuff for their kids cuz i bought a lot of stuff that they asked for. I didnt get any present and they told me that they dont plan on buying anything for my baby this year for christmas cuz he will only be a couple weeks old... :dohh: i think that it will be difficult to bring that up to your friend though...i would just go get her a cheaper gift and keep the other for yourself or someone elses present:thumbup:

I say ditto on that. Maybe go to a dollar store or something. And buy stuff for the house/dog as well as still may be able to find a bargin on a thing or 2 you or your baby need.

How annoying! I've had 3 different friends message me on Facebook asking for my new mailing address, saying they wanted to send me some things for the baby. Well, I naturally invited them to the baby shower, figuring it might make it easier on them, and they wouldn't have to pay for postage. Well, none of those 3 replied to the invitation, nor showed up. I also haven't received anything. I appreciate the thought I suppose, but stop telling me you're wanting to send something, when it's all just talk. OH, also, there were 2 other ladies who were invited to the shower, who work together. 1 of the ladies RSVP'd very early, saying she was so excited to come. The other lady told me she couldn't make it but had given her gift to the other lady to bring with her to she shower. Well, guess what.... she didn't show up either! People are just not dependable. I just wish people would do what they say they're going to do, or not say anything at all!!

It might be best just to let it go; instead of dwelling on if/when she is going to get it to you, just assume she isn't going to. As far as giving her a gift, be the bigger person and do what you would normally do, don't "punish" her for being a cheapskate....She may be genuine in her forgetfulness and if you get her a revenge gift it could hurt her and put a strain on your friendship.

I agree with the last 2 posters!

Try and not dwell on this. I was brought up to believe that you don't give to receive - therefore you should give a gift that you are happy to give and not expect one back, especially not one of the same value.

I agree it was silly of her to keep saying she would give you a gift, but who knows whats went wrong with her finances in the meantime.

You will get loads of gifts when baby comes (I must admit I would never give a baby gift before baby comes!) and you will I am sure focus on what you do receive - not what you don't xxx

My friend has been telling me throughout my pregnancy that she is going to buy us a present for the baby, but has 'forgotten to bring it' or 'left it at her mums' or 'just needs to wrap it'. Then she told me yesterday she's going to give it to me for my Xmas present! Am I being unreasonable, that I'm actually feeling a bit hurt by that? She also told me not to buy her much for Christmas because she's only spending £10. I have already bought her present and it cost £30. Im a bit upset that shes told me throughout she's got a present for baby, but now its suddenly my Christmas present. She's always been a bit tight with money, and it's not as if she has any outgoings! She lives with her parents still and often tells me how she has thousands saved :shrug: rant over lol! xxxx

Well, if I wer u, I would be pissed off. I realize that a gift is a gift and we should all be thankful. However, it is not cool that ur friend first said that she got ur baby something, and now that gift is also ur christmas gift. That means that she had never got ur baby anything, She probably just got this gift for u a few days ago, and now she wants to kill two birds with one stone...baby gift and christmas gift, all in one!
The reason why I am so bitter about this is becuz I am sick and tiered of being used by my best friend who sounds identical to urs. I say teach her a lesson, and stop being so damn naive, Keep her gift, go to walmart and get her a nice bath set for $10. Please listen to me, This ill definitely teach this girl a lesson!!!

Well, if I were u, I would be pissed off. I realize that a gift is a gift and we should all be thankful. However, it is not cool that ur friend first said that she got ur baby something, and now that gift is also ur christmas gift. That means that she had never got ur baby anything, She probably just got this gift for u a few days ago, and now she wants to kill two birds with one stone...baby gift and christmas gift, all in one!
The reason why I am so bitter about this is becuz I am sick and tiered of being used by my best friend who sounds identical to urs. I say teach her a lesson, and stop being so damn naive, Keep her gift, go to walmart and get her a nice bath set for $10. Please listen to me, This ill definitely teach this girl a lesson!!![/QUOTE]

Well, if I were u, I would be pissed off. I realize that a gift is a gift and we should all be thankful. However, it is not cool that ur friend first said that she got ur baby something, and now that gift is also ur christmas gift. That means that she had never got ur baby anything, She probably just got this gift for u a few days ago, and now she wants to kill two birds with one stone...baby gift and christmas gift, all in one! The reason why I am so bitter about this is becuz I am sick and tiered of being used by my best friend who sounds identical to urs. I say teach her a lesson, and stop being so damn naive, Keep her gift, go to walmart and get her a nice bath set for $10. Please listen to me, This ill definitely teach this girl a lesson!!!

Well, if I were u, I would be pissed off. I realize that a gift is a gift and we should all be thankful. However, it is not cool that ur friend first said that she got ur baby something, and now that gift is also ur christmas gift. That means that she had never got ur baby anything, She probably just got this gift for u a few days ago, and now she wants to kill two birds with one stone...baby gift and christmas gift, all in one! The reason why I am so bitter about this is becuz I am sick and tiered of being used by my best friend who sounds identical to urs. I say teach her a lesson, and stop being so damn naive, Keep her gift, go to walmart and get her a nice bath set for $10. Please listen to me, This ill definitely teach this girl a lesson!!!

She never had bought ur baby a gift, she probably just bought u this gift a few days ago and wants to kill two birds with one stone.
Keep the $30 gift for urself and enjoy, and go get her some cheap $10 bath set from walmart. That is all that she deserves. I realize that gifts are gifts and that the value should not matter, but in this case, it does.
Your friend sounds identical to my best friend. I am sick and tiered of being used, and u need to teach this girl a lesson!!!

I really don't expect to get any christmas pressies anymore - I think if people buy anything it will be for LO :flower:. Except maybe my mum and OH LOL :haha:. I would just let it go tbh - sooo many people have said to me they will get the baby something etc but i'll believe it when I see it :dohh:. xx

She is a user, it is now ur turn to teach her a lesson that what goes around comes around,
keep the present that u bought her for urself! And buy her a bath set from walmart for $10.
I bet u that she had never bought ur baby a present when she said that she had.....she just bought it a few days ago, or will be buying it for christmas time.
I feel strongly about this post becuz this friend of urs sounds like my best friend. It took me years to finally realize that she was using me and my husband. I now no longer buy her presents , or birthday gifts anymore, and u shouldn't either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->