• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Am I Clutching at Straws UPDATED WITH FRER

Wow I’m shocked you got such a nice line on the FRER but a squinter on the other! Congrats!!

Yay so happy for you huge huge congratulations.
I see the line on the first test u posted and was just gonna say i can so see that and then you posted the Frer. Such a awesome BFP hon.
Woooohoooo congratulations.
PS I'll hole my hands up I'm also a POASA. I'm still testing now at 20DPO hahahaha. I know crazy right lol.
So happy for you hon.
:bfp::friends::dance:

-I’m 17 years old and in college (British)-

I recently took a pregnancy test because me and my boyfriend were worried I might be pregnant because I’d been feeling like I was going to be sick and dizzy and had pains where I have them when I’m on my period for a few days and my period was two days late (it’s now 4).

It was negative which he was relived about but a small part of me felt disappointed. I remember turning it over and seeing it was negative and him saying “ah few!” and just looking at it feeling sad. I was unsure why and it confused me for a while but after thinking about it I started to think how I’ve been feeling a bit empty and lost and unsure about what I want to do and I think there was just a part of me that was thinking if I had a baby I’d have something to look after and I wouldn’t feel so empty and lost hence why I was disappointed with the result.

I feel silly for feeling like this because I’m 17 years old and am still in college so it’s obviously not a good time to have a baby. I have so much I want to do as well before I have children and so does my boyfriend.

I really want to be a fashion photographer and he wants to be a music producer and both of those things take up a lot of time and effort to get to so having a baby would put our lives on hold completely. But there was a part of me (and still is) that still wants a baby and wouldn’t be disappointed or anything if it had been a positive result.

I just wanted to write about this on here to see if there was anyone who has had a similar experience or could give me some advice or something because I’m feeling a little lost and confused about it and I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to feel at my age.

Hi sweety
U shud do a new post in the teenage section as there may be more people who can help you.
17 is so so young. I had my first baby when I was 23 and it changed my life dramatically. I cudnt go out with friends or just nip down the pub or go shopping without having to hurl a pram around with me.
My daughter is 15 years old now and I love her so very much but I missed out on so much like going on girly holidays and stuff like that.
My advice wud be to wait untill u are older.
But if u are pregnant then I promise you will love that baby more than anything.
U may be late coming on because of stress. Maybe try and test again tommorow and use the first response tests there so good. Or if you want a bargain. Go to family bargains and you can pick up tests in there for really really cheap and they work so well.
Good luck.

I recently took a pregnancy test because me and my boyfriend were worried I might be pregnant because I’d been feeling like I was going to be sick and dizzy and had pains where I have them when I’m on my period for a few days and my period was two days late (it’s now 4).

It was negative which he was relived about but a small part of me felt disappointed. I remember turning it over and seeing it was negative and him saying “ah few!” and just looking at it feeling sad. I was unsure why and it confused me for a while but after thinking about it I started to think how I’ve been feeling a bit empty and lost and unsure about what I want to do and I think there was just a part of me that was thinking if I had a baby I’d have something to look after and I wouldn’t feel so empty and lost hence why I was disappointed with the result.

I feel silly for feeling like this because I’m 17 years old and am still in college so it’s obviously not a good time to have a baby. I have so much I want to do as well before I have children and so does my boyfriend.

I really want to be a fashion photographer and he wants to be a music producer and both of those things take up a lot of time and effort to get to so having a baby would put our lives on hold completely. But there was a part of me (and still is) that still wants a baby and wouldn’t be disappointed or anything if it had been a positive result.

I just wanted to write about this on here to see if there was anyone who has had a similar experience or could give me some advice or something because I’m feeling a little lost and confused about it and I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to feel at my age.

I was 19 when i got pregnant with my first. She's turning 13 in May. It was a very hard pregnancy. I was super sick and hospitalized. I couldn't see my friends and it took a huge toll on my relationship with her father. We are still together and I'm on baby #7 but each one was difficult. I didn't have goals the way you do. I always wanted to be a young mom but now as an adult I wish I would've waited a little longer to become a mom because now i think of all the things I could've done career wise. I don't regret my kids but I wish I had given myself a little more time to grow up and explore. My advice to you is to wait. Also try to figure out why you feel empty. Yes a baby's going to love you and having one will deff keep you busy but it requires alot. Wait before having one. You're still so young. That sad and disappointed feeling you experienced will pass. Keep your mind on your studies. Now if you still don't get your period maybe see a doctor or take another test.

I felt the same way at your age. I had my first at 18 and while I was pregnant, I felt happy a thought I got what I wanted. I was wrong. Being older now, I look back and wished I waited and I was always jealous of those people who wanted to wait and free to live a carefree life. I went through a horrible postpartum depression for years.

You have goals...do them first. A baby is not going to fill that emptyness. You have to dig deep and figure out why you feel empty. I promise you...once the novelty of having a baby is over...you will still feel empty and wish you would have waited until you had a chance to live more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"