am i crazy?

jocie

Mumma of 4 crazy kiddos
Reaction score
im actually looking forward to labor and delivery! itll be my 4th labor, but my last ended in a c-section for a surprise breech baby. this time im trying for a VBAC and im so excited to start labor! i truly must be crazy :lol:
i do want to feel the contractions and know that my baby is on the way.
but ive got a ways yet ;)

No, you're not crazy. :) When you've experienced a decent birth experience, the fear isn't nearly as overwhelming I think. I actually found birth to be a very enpowering experience. :)

No your not crazy.

My first birth wasn't ideal and I dreaded it second time round. However second time I had the most amazing birth experience and I would be excited about doing it again with no fear.

Yeah, if you've had positive births you know labour can be a wonderful thing! With my first baby was posterior and it was a very long arduous labour but the bit I remember most of all is finally being able to push, I found some strenth after 32 hours and laughed my baby out!! My mw actually told me afterwards it was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen. #2 was a doddle after that coz he was presenting the right way so I had no back ache and contractions were managable, he came out in 1 push! I can't wait for #3!!

Not crazy at all!

I couldnt wait to labour with DS2, even after a 3 day long ordeal including an ambulance journey, being ignored, spoken too like a piece of shit, being called a failure, synto induced agony a broken epi, a baby extraction in a theatre with no birth partner and not being spoken too i couldnt wait.

I'm certain the positive thinking went a long way to my positive VBAC.

Ive never had a really bad labor and birth. the last 3 times i have had a long latent phase (3 days with each one) but that seems to get me to 5 or 6 cm without pain. i dont know if this is a high tolerence or an easy dilating cervix....once i get to 7 the game is on and i go quick. baby #1 was 5 cm to complete in 45 min, pushing for 12 min and delivered with an episiotomy (which was no fun). baby #2 was about a 10 hour labor, and pushing for 45 minutes since she was face up and stuck under my pubic bone. she was a little brused and blue. she had a knot in her cord also. I had no tearing. baby #3 was another 3 day latent phase. i went to get checked for dlation and they found he was breech. so a section he was.
ALL that to say that this will be my hopefully VBAC (which ive posted on a couple times) and im hoping that i will deliver without any tearing! :)
and i cant WAIT! :D

No I don't think your crazy either, I loved all of my 3 labours and would be excited to do it all again. :)

Not crazy at all! I loved giving birth to ds2 and can't wait to do it again!

Not crazy! I was the same way, I couldnt wait to feel the pain of the contractions, and have my own labor+birth story.

im actually looking forward to labor and delivery! itll be my 4th labor, but my last ended in a c-section for a surprise breech baby. this time im trying for a VBAC and im so excited to start labor! i truly must be crazy :lol:
i do want to feel the contractions and know that my baby is on the way.
but ive got a ways yet ;)

No you are not crazy my SIL said her labours were "Fabulous" except the first because well it was her first and went on for a long time as most first labours do but her second, third and even fourth were great. She had epidural s in her second and third and no pain relief in her fourth and even though she wanted an epidural in her fourth, she was only in hospital for an hour then BAM little boy was born so she was relieved it was over so fast. It was painful and she made no excuses to suggest otherwise but she said the pain was part of the experience and worth it in her opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->