Am I doing something wrong? :/

L

LilMiss_91

I'll try and make this make sense!
I have 4 different types of OPKs, IC (One Step), Boots own, CB dual digis and some 99p shop cheapies.
I've used the IC's for 2 and a half cycles including the two it took to conceive my angel. I confirmed O the cycle I conceived with CB digis so I KNOW that I did O (obviously, I got pg!). But I never got a proper positive on the ICs that month. In fact, I've never had one on those. I've had very close to positives at random points in my cycle (like just after my period and later on near AF). Despite testing with FMU, SMU and afternoon and evening they all just vary in their results. Generally if I test after FMU I barely get any line at all but the instructions on most of them say NOT to use FMU? But one I have says you need to? So what am I doing wrong? Do I just not have a very strong LH surge so the cheapies don't pick up on it? Or what? And even my "nearly there" lines are always darker on one side and all piddly faint on the other. Do I go by how dark the darkest bit is or does it have to be as wide and dark as the test line?

Can somebody please help? Any suggestions? Because right now I'm just thinking I'm wasting money on tests that I somehow can't work out how to use!!

I have pcos so I got lots of false positives on opks. I bought some internet cheapies with a higher threshold for lh and these worked perfectly for me. I used 40mlu sensitivity.

Sounds like you need them the other way around, with a lower threshold to work, maybe 20mlu rather than the usual 30mlu.

I bought mine here https://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/ovulation-tests.htm
& info about the sensitivity is in the third big box down.

Good luck :)

Thankyou for your reply, I got all excited and just went to check the sensitivity of my One Step tests... and they're 20mlu and that's the highest sensitivity you can get :shrug:

Arghh I don't know what to dooo :hissy:

Thankyou for your reply, I got all excited and just went to check the sensitivity of my One Step tests... and they're 20mlu and that's the highest sensitivity you can get :shrug:

Arghh I don't know what to dooo :hissy:

Ah pants :(

Sometimes I had a split line - I'd just go by the darkest bit. Maybe that's your best bet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->