Am I going to have to go through recurrent miscarriages AGAIN :(

LNWXO

Reaction score
Title says it all really. I know no one can answer my question. But back in 2012 me and my husband started to try for a baby and after 7 miscarriages (unexplained, had all tests and scans done etc) I then fell pregnant with my son and had a low risk healthy pregnancy in 2015. After suffering with awful anxiety and literally REFUSING to even think about having another baby... we are now so ready for baby no 2. First cycle ended in a BFP and I was soooo shocked and so happy. All for it to end on Christmas Eve. Cue alllllll the emotions and bad memories from back before my son... just what the f.... :( I would love nothing more than to have another little baby, and for my son to finally have a sibling.

It looks like I may have to go through it all again. It’s so emotionally draining. I’m not sure if I can do it.

Is there any supplements or anything I could look in to? Although I have had the standard tests done.
Sorry for the rant haha. Xx

@LNWXO Oh man that is terrible! Sorry that you had to experience that. Sorry about all the losses. That would certainly take a toll. I am not sure about supplements. I would definitely recommend prenatals but I am sure you already know that. Take them now while trying. I know some women who have had losses are advised to take a dose of baby aspirin sometimes as well a day. You said you had all the testing done so I am assuming you did progesterone testing as well? So you do not need to be on progesterone supplements? Good luck with everything I hope you get your next little one with out having to experience so many losses.

So sorry to read about your losses, it is so emotionally draining. I have had 4 recurrent miscarriages now trying to conceive number 2 and I know what a strain it can put on everything, your life, your relationship. I have just had a lot of bloods taken and I think they are all going to come back fine. I think sometimes it's unexplainable. Hopefully we both get to take a baby home soon and give our beautiful little ones a sibling. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. Take care. xx

I have no answers, I just wanted to send you my love and hugs.

One thing that most fertility tests can NOT test for are bad egg quality, damaged sperm dna and autoimmune disorders. Unless you have specifically asked (and most likely needed to beg them to do those tests), those are some areas to look into.

There won't be a test for bad egg quality, but do a google search about improving egg health. There are quite a few supplements out there that are said to help. And just so you know, it can take a solid 3 months to get into your system.

As for the sperm health. There is a test that can be done to specifically look at the dna, fragmentation, etc. of the sperm. Many people think the infertility is all female issues. But doctors are finding out that is not true. There are a good portion of men who's sperm pass with flying colors in the sperm analysis - but upon further testing, they find big issues with some of the sperm (dna is NOT looked a in a normal fertility testing facility). To fix sperm, there are supplements out there for that as well. And to make sure you're ttc with the new and improved sperm, it takes about 3 months for the swimmers to die off and the new ones to be generated.

And autoimmune diseases/issues. It can range rom antibodies in your blood stream, thyroid issues and more complex things like in your genes.

If our last baby had not worked (we did one round of IVF), this was my next step. I was going to go full throttle forward to try and find whatever the hell the problem was. But our IVF worked...just barely. We got very, very lucky...and the dr was happily surprised.

Also, there have been a lot of talk about infertility acupuncture. And this is coming from someone who is terrified of needles...I was on the phone with a clinic to set up my plan for coming in after we were told our IVF was in the midsts of failing.

Infertility and Acupuncture - American Pregnancy Association

I didn't mean to throw so much at you. But you've been through so much, and if anything can possibly help, I'm sure you'd want to at least try it. :hugs: Good luck!! fx

One thing that most fertility tests can NOT test for are bad egg quality, damaged sperm dna and autoimmune disorders. Unless you have specifically asked (and most likely needed to beg them to do those tests), those are some areas to look into.

There won't be a test for bad egg quality, but do a google search about improving egg health. There are quite a few supplements out there that are said to help. And just so you know, it can take a solid 3 months to get into your system.

As for the sperm health. There is a test that can be done to specifically look at the dna, fragmentation, etc. of the sperm. Many people think the infertility is all female issues. But doctors are finding out that is not true. There are a good portion of men who's sperm pass with flying colors in the sperm analysis - but upon further testing, they find big issues with some of the sperm (dna is NOT looked a in a normal fertility testing facility). To fix sperm, there are supplements out there for that as well. And to make sure you're ttc with the new and improved sperm, it takes about 3 months for the swimmers to die off and the new ones to be generated.

And autoimmune diseases/issues. It can range rom antibodies in your blood stream, thyroid issues and more complex things like in your genes.

If our last baby had not worked (we did one round of IVF), this was my next step. I was going to go full throttle forward to try and find whatever the hell the problem was. But our IVF worked...just barely. We got very, very lucky...and the dr was happily surprised.

Also, there have been a lot of talk about infertility acupuncture. And this is coming from someone who is terrified of needles...I was on the phone with a clinic to set up my plan for coming in after we were told our IVF was in the midsts of failing.

Infertility and Acupuncture - American Pregnancy Association

I didn't mean to throw so much at you. But you've been through so much, and if anything can possibly help, I'm sure you'd want to at least try it. :hugs: Good luck!! fx

Thank you so much for your message, and taking the time to do so :) i really appreciate it! I will most definitely look into that. I had the autoimmune one done and some others (can’t remember what exactly now as it was years ago) and then I had a scan for them to check my ovaries etc. I’m going to do some research on supplements for me and my husband, give that a few months and then if no change I will go back to my doctor :) thank you so much xx

I know this thread has been quiet, but I’m in the exact same boat. We had 3 miscarriages before getting out seeet daughter. We waited until she was almost 2 to try again. BFP on the first cycle, and it ended practically before it began. My HCG stopped rising and then began to fall. The bleeding started soon after. I swear I thought I was pregnant this month, and then AF came 3 days early! I’m wondering if it wasn’t another chemical bc I had ALL my usual symptoms, but I’m really trying not to test early anymore. My husband is tired of me being stressed, so I decided to hop back on here and find some ttc buddies. We’re back to ttc this week.

I’m in the same spot. We thankfully got in to see an RE after two losses and a year of trying. She treated me for high TSH and Prolactin as well as low literal hormones and boom first cycle we conceived our now 19-month-old. We started trying for #2 just before her first bday and shockingly conceived first try. It felt too good to be true but after a strong heartbeat at our 8 week appointment I thought maybe I’d get that easy journey this time. Heartbeat was gone on our 9.5 week ultrasound, so another mmc for me. I’ve had a chemical since then and it kills me to think about going through yet another loss. I discovered my husband was drinking way over the recommended limit of 300 mg of caffeine per day for sperm health. I found out that high doses of caffeine causes missing sex chromosomes in sperm and that’s exactly what our mmc was caused by - Turner’s Syndrome. We’ve both been taking lots of Antioxidants since our mmc last September and my husband cut way back on caffeine in January. Hoping that helps save us from more heartbreak but I just don’t know. I can’t trust any pregnancy anymore...not until at least a good NIPT.

I haven’t even thought about the caffeine thing. My husband has been so busy and stressed with work. I’m sure he’s drinking a lot of coffee. I’m actually alergic to coffee, so I do not think about the effects of drinking it a lot. I’m hoping we’ll all have some sticky dust sooner than later, but I also can’t teusr pregnancy. Plus I’m back in the spot I was before we had a successful pregnancy...all the people who had babies when we did are announcing pregnancies again. I know infertility is common, but it’s hard to see that at times.

I’m in the same spot. We thankfully got in to see an RE after two losses and a year of trying. She treated me for high TSH and Prolactin as well as low literal hormones and boom first cycle we conceived our now 19-month-old. We started trying for #2 just before her first bday and shockingly conceived first try. It felt too good to be true but after a strong heartbeat at our 8 week appointment I thought maybe I’d get that easy journey this time. Heartbeat was gone on our 9.5 week ultrasound, so another mmc for me. I’ve had a chemical since then and it kills me to think about going through yet another loss. I discovered my husband was drinking way over the recommended limit of 300 mg of caffeine per day for sperm health. I found out that high doses of caffeine causes missing sex chromosomes in sperm and that’s exactly what our mmc was caused by - Turner’s Syndrome. We’ve both been taking lots of Antioxidants since our mmc last September and my husband cut way back on caffeine in January. Hoping that helps save us from more heartbreak but I just don’t know. I can’t trust any pregnancy anymore...not until at least a good NIPT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->