Am I having a mc?

reeve

Reaction score
Hi guys. . This is my first post in a few years. I uses this site alot when I was trying to conceive my son (who will be three soon)

Anyways.. I had a mirena coil fitted last year and continued to have periods with in. I misses this month's so took a test.. It was positive. I saw my gp who referred me to the epau department at hospital as thier is a risk of ectopic with the coil in situ.

I also had my bloods drawn.. They were 53. They scanned me, the coil was not in the right place and had slipped to be in my cervix. They couldn't see the baby, but that's normal as so very early. The Dr took the coil out and told me to come back in 48 hrs to have blood drawn.

New bloods were drawn on Sunday and came back at 158.. so had tripled.

Monday I started bleeding.. Was a slight gush in the afternoon but since it's pretty much just been blood when I wipe. I have cramps but nothing to major.

I did another digital test this morning and still says pregnant 1-2.

I'm back tomorrow for more bloods and depending on the numbers a scan.

Although this wasn't planned, it's a happy occurance and I'm devestated if iv lost the baby.

Sorry for babbling
reeve x

Didn't want ro read and run not much help. I bled after mt coil fell out and then got pregnant that cycle. So you may be bleeding as a result if the coil being taken out and not because anything is wrong fingers crossed x

Thanks Donna for replying. . I guess in reality I just simply have to wait till tomorrow's blood draw.

This, however, doesn't stop me from worrying/panicking or generally being in a state of Google frenzy!

I have no knowledge of coils hun but with my second baby i had an early bleed, not loads but enough that it was in my knickers and when i wiped, hes 6 years old now so he was fine still and cramps are probably more due to early pregnancy than anything else, i had cramps on and off all the way to 10 weeks, i really hope alls well tomorrow when you have repeat bloods hun

P.s with my miscarriages the cramps were painful, enough to make u curl up in a ball and take painkillers

Thanks Charlie.

It's day 4 of bleeding.. not quite as heavy as my normal periods but not far off. (Iv not need to use a towel.. but I think it's coz I'm costantly back n forth to the toiket) i guess deep down I know it's gone.. devestated :-(

Bleeding and cramping have picked up.. much like a period

Don't lose hope yet! I have 5 days of heavy bleeding. And have had lots of bleeds with this pregnancy & baby is fine. Good luck for tomorrow ill 🙏 for you x

Thanks gemstone... my blood draw is at 9 am. . Have to wait for them to be done then depending on results a scan has been booked for 10:30

Fingers crossed. I had heavy bleeding with DD and spent a lot of time in the EPU (had a loss before her so I was terrified) and every time I had a bleed she was always fine.

Oh god I hope everything turns out fine xxx could the coil not be causing the bleed if its dislodged I am no expert but that sounds likely.....

They removed the coil last friday when i was at the epau. That it self could cause a bleed and/or a misscarriage.

Iv had really bad bleeding this afternoon and very sore cramping... i think its gone :'(

Oh no I am so sorry, don't give up hope just yet please, I know its easier said than done will they not give you an emergency scan or something I am so sorry you are going through all this :(

Fingers crossed for you! I hope everything is ok :(

Bloods were 44... definitely having a miscarriage :, (

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"