Am I hurting my baby?!

NavyWife09

Reaction score
Im having the worst constipatipn ever!! Im so afraid that me struggling so hard for the last few days is going to hurt the baby!! Someone pls tell im not the only one or if you went thru this!! Im so worried!

Definitely normal. Your doc can give you something for it : ) x

it won't hurt the baby hun :D but i have sat there myself & thought 'wow i hope i don't push the baby out!' :haha: try fybogel & prunes :D xx

Have you tried stool softeners? That was all that helped my friend when she had that issue... it won't hurt baby, but it can cause hemorrhoids if you strain too much too often. No fun!!!

If it doesn't get better- I would for sure ask your doctor what else is safe to take. Ah, the joys of pregnancy :) Well worth it in the end though... hehe

I have exacttly the same today. I have pushed that hard ive got a headache lol (tmi)

I've been suffering with constipation too, ask your doctor for Lactulose it really helps me.

Ive had this a couple of times. I sit and sit on the toilet with nothing and I know I need to go so have no choice but to push a bit and do strain some. No problems with baby so far.

Eat lots of fruit and drink pure orange juice. I'm anaemic and suffer with constipation from iron tablets. OJ loosens your bowels.

No it won't hurt the baby at all. I understand worrying though I have thought the same thing the other poster said, that I'm worried I'll push the baby out! It sucks! I would definitly talk to your doctor about it. When I get real desperate, I use glycerin suppositories, and they work, but it is a bit awkward and uncomfortable ;-)

One of those wonderful pregnancy symptoms! Feel better soon!

i sit there pushing for ages sometimes because ive suffered with this since day 1.

ive found that fibregel helps ( if you can stomach it :sick:

I'd go to your GP and get a prescription for lactalose. It works wonders, but if you drink loads of water ( i know not easy with baby using bladder as a football !!) that helps soften things up too.

Hi - I had the same problem so I went to docs on Tues and they have given me Lactulose which has made me go the other way :blush: Can't win!!

Totally normal. Try eating Raisin Bran if you can't stand the taste of Metamucil (and who could?). Or try some stool softeners - NOT laxatives though.

my physician prescribed me colace which is a stool softner

Ive never had this in pregnancy but when I was in the ED treatment center when I was younger they gave me Colace to help with refeeding syndrome.. it's safe in pregnancy too! It's not a laxative, just a stool softener :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->