Am I in the home stretch, nausea wise...

L

Lena

Hi ladies,

I have had the worse morning sickness since about 6 weeks. Im nearly 11 weeks and people keep telling me between 12-14 weeks it just goes away! I find that hard to believe, do you just wake up one morning and feel completely better, or is it subtle. I admit, I am better than i was at 7 weeks when i was hospitalized but I am still throwing up about twice a day and not able to eat anything besides bland and dry food. Im also constantly nauscious... 24/7.

I know for some unfortunate ladies, it continues throughout the pregnancy, but please, please, please tell me, if Im like most women, Im in the home stretch and I am going to wake up and feel better within the next few weeks!!!

x
Lena

I really hope you are hun! I still feel poorly for the majority of the day so I hope it wears off next week.

Sounds like you have been through it a bit lately - Im a rubbish bump buddie, didnt even know.

Hope you and the bean are all ok? (Bar the sickness) xx

Hiii.. Just popped over from the 2nd tri.. I'm not sure how it works for every women but for me personally I wouldn't say it just went lol.. It wasn't a case of I hit 12 weeks an then all of a sudden I felt better lol.. My MS sort of disappeared gradually.. Even now though I still have the odd day where I feel sick (mostly at night) but don't actually be sick if that makes sense lol. But no where near as bad as it was in the 12 weeks =]..

Hope you start feeling better soon!!!

xxxx

Mine is starting to ease now (although I hate even typing that incase it's tricking me and comes back tenfold lol). I really really hope mine isn't the whole way through but I just can't imagine ever feeling back to normal again at the moment! xxxx

i had it for 6 months with my son it just woulnt stop so i feel sorry 4 you hope you feel better soon xx

One person I know woke up one day and felt much better. Mine eased off at about 13 weeks and came and went up until around 16 weeks when it got terrible and I was actually prescribed tablets to stop it.

Now I'm over it, although I feel nauseus occasionally, it's nothing like it was. Don't get too confident too soon though, because it's very normal to be sick until 16 weeks, and it comes and goes for a lot of women.

I woke up one day and felt human!! around twelve weeks was really bad untill then could not work or do anything so you could well be getting towards your time soon. With my dd i was hospitalised till 21 weeks with hypermenises so everyone and every pregnanvy is different, i still have a token vomit each moring and feel sick in the eve and when hungry but can now live a normal life my dd spent weeks in front of the tv:blush: as i could not move, fingers crossed you turn a corner soon there is no reason to think you wont PMA all the way:hugs:

Hi ladies,

I have had the worse morning sickness since about 6 weeks. Im nearly 11 weeks and people keep telling me between 12-14 weeks it just goes away! I find that hard to believe, do you just wake up one morning and feel completely better, or is it subtle. I admit, I am better than i was at 7 weeks when i was hospitalized but I am still throwing up about twice a day and not able to eat anything besides bland and dry food. Im also constantly nauscious... 24/7.

I know for some unfortunate ladies, it continues throughout the pregnancy, but please, please, please tell me, if Im like most women, Im in the home stretch and I am going to wake up and feel better within the next few weeks!!!

x
Lena

9 to 9.5 weeks. She only threw up once, and though she has intermittent, very minor m/s, almost not worth speaking of, she's over the bad m/s she had from week 7 to 9. When she started taking her prenatals every other day instead of every day, things seemed to ease up.

Thanks for your helpful input ladies. Keep it coming. I will be 12+6 on Christmas day so Im hoping Im at least able to stomach a meal at my lovely in-laws on Christmas. Or at least be able to take the 1 hour car ride there, because at the moment even riding in the car makes me nauscious. Its a good thing i only work 5 mins from my house!

Also, Loki, thanks, but I am actually further along than 9 weeks. Im 10+5 and Im not taking pre-natals, Im only taking folic acid because the iron in the Pregnacare makes it worse. Your wife is very fortunate it eased up early on.

Personally for me, it never eased until about 23 weeks, after which for a few weeks I would feel very sick when I got up, some days it would go, others i was sick still. Then by about 26ish it cleared completely. Since then I havent been sick - touch wood - yet still felt a bit icky at times.

Thanks for your helpful input ladies. Keep it coming. I will be 12+6 on Christmas day so Im hoping Im at least able to stomach a meal at my lovely in-laws on Christmas. Or at least be able to take the 1 hour car ride there, because at the moment even riding in the car makes me nauscious. Its a good thing i only work 5 mins from my house!

Also, Loki, thanks, but I am actually further along than 9 weeks. Im 10+5 and Im not taking pre-natals, Im only taking folic acid because the iron in the Pregnacare makes it worse. Your wife is very fortunate it eased up early on.

Lena,

Thats why I stopped taking Pregnacare and it seems to have eased slightly for me too. I am also not constipated anymore since I stopped them.
I still feel ill all the time and I really thought my nausea had eased last week, but its back this week with a vengence :(

We're about the same dates Queenemsie, hopefully it eases up for us soon! I also stopped taking the pregnacare because they're massive aren't they! Even just trying to swollow them in the morning made me sick and I figured, it was better to take the folic acid and make sure it stays down (which is does most days if i take it in the morning) than to take pregnacare and have it come right back up.

Fingers crossed it does ease soon for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"