Am I just being too emotional?

poppy144

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm not sure why I am letting silly comments annoy me but I am, especially when it is regarding the sex of our baby.

We are having a boy and over the moon. My OH's bro has 2 boys already and I think his mother was hoping we were going to have a girl (she tried not to act dissapointed when we told her the news we were having a boy but she doesn't think before she speaks so I know she was).
Anyway, I got over that 11 weeks ago but this weekend we went to visit OH's cousin who has just had a baby (a little boy, they didnt know what they were having - must be something in the water over here :winkwink: ) and we popped in to see his gran first who then told us how 'awful' it was that there were now going to be 4 boys in the family and no girls!

I feel like they are gossiping about how dreadful it is we are having a boy and I am really dissapointed with their behaviour. I'm actually quite upset about it. I know this is a pretty pointless thread so I hope u dont mind me ranting. X

Not pointless at all hun, we went through exactly the same thing. Best thing you can do is let everyone know how elated you are that you are having a gorgeous little boy. Just because there are loads of boys in the family doesn't mean you can't have one. Sod them! (in the nicest possible way of course) They will get used to it & will love him just as much as you do. :hugs:

Tell them to all not to be so nasty, your baby is a precious gift no
matter what other girls/boys there are in the family.
Ignore them hunni, if they cant be happy and show joy at your
new arrival, well they really dont sound worth the worry. x

Aww thanks girls, you are all so lovely on here. I should stop worrying what everyone else is thinking and normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid but I can't seem to help myself!
x

I think it's great there's so many boys. Your little one will have fun hanging with the boys as he grows up!!

Lol I know how you feel my oh has 3 boys from a previous marriage and, is one of 4 sons, his brother has 2 girls and his mum was quite upset to find out we were having a boy this time, even my mum asked if Mark was ok with the news, he thought we were having a boy all the way through and for me it means I will have 2 girls and 2 boys, my son was ecstatic as he will no longer be out numbered and can he dress him bless:)
Me I am ust looking forward to my baby being here and soending time getting to know him, being pregnant is much harder than waiting for christmas:)
Enoy yr pregnancy and try and take no mind, I know its hard but just concentrate on yr little boys arrival xx

I know the feeling my OH's side has all boys the only girl is his mum and on his dads side is his auntie the rest are boys. I already have a son and when i was pregnant with him my OH's grandma told me if it was a boy she would push him back up til he turned to a girl,as i was new ish in the family i was quite scared but this time i have avoided her and told everyone im glad to be having another boy as they are better than girls anyway!
My sister has a boy as well but my mum dad and sister were excited that another boy is coming as it means they can all play together.

It annoys me when people say stuff but i dont think my OHs family will cross me at the minute im done being teary all the time now i am just fed up and angry lol love these hormones!!

Boys are the best,the give better cuddles even better than your OH lol sshh dont tell mine i said that lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->